first deer

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by bigcatman, Nov 6, 2007.

1. bigcatman

bigcatman New Member

State:
    Ashville, Ohio
    i shot my first deer of my life today at 5:30 from about 5 yds away up in my tree stand and tracked her for about 1 mile and left her alone intil the morning and then we are going to get her in the morning but i almost hit the spine but i did hit the lungs a little bit so she aint to far but i had to come home to do some homework and i have to say this was one of the best days of my life just toget out there and see something and then getting a shot at one made it just that much better

2. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I hope you find it OK. Congrats! Fun ain't it?

3. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Good job James. Now I hope you find your deer.

4. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Be careful, it's addictive. LOL Some of us spend anywhere from 4 days to 3 months hunting deer, and the rest of the year preparing for the next 4 days to 3 months. LOL Good to see you at least got a shot off. Let us know if you find it.

5. coble9

coble9 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    congrats, hope you find it.

6. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Congrats. Too close is almost as bad as too far sometimes, LOL. Sounds like ya have our "desease". Deer fever...

7. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Congrats. Did ya get a lil' shooked after the shot.:smile2: I can maintain my composure to make the shot, it's after when i get rattled.

8. bigcatman

bigcatman New Member

State:
    Ashville, Ohio
    ya i didnt get nerve intil after the shot that how it always is i hit so many deer this year i just had a problem with finding them but today after school me and a cupple of buddy when out looking for her and found her and she hanging in my buddy barn and when i get the pic devoled im going to try and figure out on how to put them on here and who ever seid the comment on deer fever i no how it fell big time now :big_smile:

9. nycathunter

nycathunter New Member

State:
    New York?
    youll always remember your first deer congrats! adrenalin is somthin isnt it they day i stop getting that feeling ill stay home

10. tkyhnt

tkyhnt New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Congrats on your first deer, you will never forget this one

11. Blue Duck

Blue Duck New Member

State:
    Idaho
    Congrats....... Meats not meat until its in the pot.......

12. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Congratulations on your first deer, glad you were able to find her.

13. BLKCLOUD

BLKCLOUD New Member

State:
    Pulaski Tn
    Bigcatman, glad you found it!! I always get really tore up after the shot, I once shot a doe and for 10 minutes I couldn't even climb out of the tree I was shaking so bad...:smile2::smile2:
    Say, in you avatar..which one are you the grabber or the grabee??

14. Ketch

Ketch New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Congrats on your first deer. They get easier from there....okay maybe not. Like everyone else said, you get addicted after the first.

15. bigcatman

bigcatman New Member

State:
    Ashville, Ohio
    ya its deffanty an addiction because i got another tag and whent out today after school and alomost got me an 12 pointer but he never came close enough to me and tom we are going over to butcher her up and grinder the meat for burgers and steaks and get my tenderloins:big_smile: