First Deer This Season

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by flathead willie, Oct 8, 2006.

1. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Yesterday was a miserable opening day but since I haven't missed one in 30 years, I went out anyway. It was raining hard and the wind was blowing about 35-40 MPH. I didn't want to get in a tree with all that wind so I just still hunted my way thru a real thick area. I hadn't been in the woods for thirty minutes when saw three deer at 15 yards. A nice doe was broadside so I sent an XX75 and Bear Razorhead on it's way...a good double lung shot. She didn't go 20 yards after the shot. The other two didn't know what was going on and just stood there watching. I could have shot another one because they never saw me. That's #128 for my trusty $12.00 recurve!

2. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    congrates on the doe. two more deer and you may get your moneys worth for that recurve.....lol.

3. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Congrats on the doe, I havent made it out yet this year but Im itching.

4. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    Congrats on the Doe, I haven't got one yet either. Our archery season is over here & we only have one more weekend of muzzleloading :sad2:

5. Nightprowler

Nightprowler New Member

State:
    ohio
    Congrats on the deer,I say you've gotten your money out of your bow.

6. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Congrats, sounds like some good eating.

7. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    congrats on your first deer of the season

8. catfisher43

catfisher43 New Member

State:
    missouri
    congrats on the 1st deer of season.recurve is paying off.

9. Bigbluefisherman

Bigbluefisherman New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Congrats on your first deer of the season, I am sure there are more to come! Good luck!

10. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Way to go Billie. Some folks ain't ever been that close to a deer in the wild. I just gotta ask, Do ya still get the rush? What a feelin!

st

11. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Congratulations, "you dog"! (Just kiddin') Good for you; & a recurve, no less. I'm impressed. We're gonna take the grandsons this weekend for the Louisiana Youth Hunt. Hope we do some good! They each got their 1st last year. Again, good job!

12. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Yea, I still get the rush. When I don't, I'll stop hunting. To me the biggest rush is getting real close to deer without them knowing I'm there. That why I do a lot of hunting in the rain. They don't expect us to be out there and it makes it easier to sneak up on them. I arrowed one a couple years ago from the ground at 10 feet. Talk about a rush!!! I've gotten some on camera that were so close I couldn't get the whole deer in the frame. Shooting is fun, but it's the hunting that I love.

13. mashunter18

mashunter18 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Way to go, I gotta drop a doe soon, need some meat...:lol: