First Deer of the season

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by billNpam, Nov 13, 2007.

1. billNpam

billNpam Active Member

State:
    Alabama
    Well work finally slowed down enough that I could get out with the crossbow. It was a very exciting day. I was at the ground blind about 530 in the morning and heard something so I was studing intently looking at the front and sides of the blind.... then I got movement. A doe walked in right behind me and then walked 10 feet from the stand. I had the cross bow across my lap and had no chance of raising it with out being noticed so needles to say she walked on by with no shot. I saw several other deer pasing about 75 yds from my ground blind so that afternoon I decided to go up in my treestand closer to where I was seeing the deer pass. I climbed up in the tree about 1230 PM. Everything was fine untill the rain started I sitting there getting drowned. Then my commen sense light came on "IDIOT you got a dry ground blind right behind you . So needless to say out of the treestand into the ground blind about 230 PM I just got settled and here he came stopped at 30 yds with a quartering away shot. When I shot sounded like a .22 went off. I watched as he ran about 25 yrds stopped and looked back and casually walked off. I had thought that I missed so I set in the blind replaying the shot an 100 times "how did I miss". I finally got up to go see if I could find my arrow and saw blood. After a 100 yd track all down hill there he lay. Then the fun part " the 100 yds up hill...God I need a 4 wheeler"

Attached Files:

2. BLKCLOUD

BLKCLOUD New Member

State:
    Pulaski Tn
    Way to go!! fine looking deer!!

3. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Now there's some fine eatin'.

4. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    OCngratulations! nothing better then some backstrap for the bbq.

5. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Congratulations Bill, that one will be some good eating.

6. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    congrats to ya there .

7. jeffw51

jeffw51 New Member

State:
    mo
    nice job bill,did you shoot him on your new property,the crappie property?

8. billNpam

billNpam Active Member

State:
    Alabama
    Jeff I will Hunt the Crappie property this weekend. I killed this one in Clarksville TN . I will make a post of what I find on this property.