First deer of all time (proud of myself :P )

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Redd, Dec 14, 2006.

1. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    Hey everybody. Yeah, I'm the no-count greenhorn deer hunter that didn't get even a doe last season (my first year, so cut me a little slack) But, not this year! Busted my first deer of all time opening day. He was only ears wide, but got 11 points on 'im. I'd give ya'll a lil' jerky outta his carcass too.... but ya know how it is. lol-Red

2. tkyhnt

tkyhnt New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Redd, Congrats on your first deer and a very good buck for a first deer, could be a long time till you top that one. :big_smile:

3. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Way to go Redd. Tell us how it went down, got any pictures?

st

4. Blue Duck

Blue Duck New Member

State:
    Idaho
    Congratulations......... your off and running now.

5. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    way to go red now go get another one:go:

6. catgetter1

catgetter1 New Member

State:
    louisiana
    Congrats Redd, First deer will always be remembered, every detail will be relived every deer season from now on......Congrats again.....

7. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    Congrats on your first deer

8. FishBrew

FishBrew New Member

State:
    North Texas
    :feel_good: :004: :0a1:

9. catfisher43

catfisher43 New Member

State:
    missouri
    congrats on the 11 point buck.

10. catfishn72

catfishn72 New Member

State:
    WhEELING,WEST VIRGINIA
    congrats on your first deer.

11. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Congratulations Red. That'll be the one you'll always remember (not that I would know. Ive never been hunting:roll_eyes: :wink: ).

12. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    congrats, its a rush getting your first, my first was a doe that dressed out at 161 pounds, a real nice sized doe. hit her in the neck and she dropped there:big_smile: got any pictures? and at least tell us the story:wink:

13. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    The first one is the hardest, but one you'll always remember. It will get easier from now on. Congrats! Well done!

14. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Congrats on that first deer, I remember my first one more than any other. Ive been hunting for years and still cant beat a 10 pointer.

15. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    congrats on your deer glad ya scored

16. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    Ain't got any pics available yet, but hopefully will soon. BUT, I do got the story on hand. I'd been sitting in the tree stand for about three hours and had seen a fork, but he wasn't even worth the bullet to put him out of his missery. So, I got restless(can't seem to sit in one spot too long...) and climbed down with my combination achey fitty-seven oozy radar lazer tripple barrel double scoped heat seeking shotgun....:tounge_out: (.270 savage) to push some brush. But only walked fifty yards before I seen him around a bend in the trees. He was stretched out and sniffing a rub on a small tree that was the same color of his rack...so in short....I about sh%# myself when I seen him. 'Cause he about looked like the notorious "turdy point buck" But, after I realized he wasn't, I stopped shaking, my vision came back into focus, I wiped the drool from my mouth, dried my sweaty palms and shot him anyway. He dropped like a ton of bricks.(and with good reason, 'cause I use ballistic tips:wink:) Then I gutted him, skinned him, and left him to hang for awhile. He's jerky right now, and pretty tastey. Hopefully I'll have a pic up 'fore too long. Thanks for the "congrats" guys.

-Red

17. iowacatter

iowacatter New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Hey Redd,
    Way to go on getting your first deer, and a good one it sounds like!! Congrats!

18. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    congrats, got my first story of success to. posting it now.

19. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    well red your still 11 points ahead of me...i got a doe but ya know what they say ya cant eat antlers

20. jeffw51

jeffw51 New Member

State:
    mo
    i wish my first buck would have been an eleven pointer,your not green anymore.