First day of my season

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Kojak, Jun 1, 2008.

1. Kojak

Kojak New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Went with the father-in-law today for my first day out this year, it wasn't too shabby. I ended up catching 7 to his one with the biggest weighing in at around 7 pounds..not bad for my first day on the local West Frankfort lake. I did however come back one rod and reel shy, it is now resting at the bottom of the lake. Was a nice Daiwa Millennium too, given to me by my Father-in-law. Other than that...the fish were biting ok.

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Did ya toss it in? LOL! Sounds like unguarded with no rod holder. That sucks. LOL!

3. Kojak

Kojak New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Well, no i didn't throw it in, and no it wasn't in a rod holder. We were moving spots so the line was not even in the water. I laid back to relax, my hat started to fall in the water so I went to grab it......I knocked the pole overboard. So over a 3 dollar hat, i lost a very nice rig...:sad2:

4. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    sounds like a good day. ill be in mt vernon this week fishin rend from the bank. my boats still not ready yet. that girl is slackin on the paperwork. come on down. they are hittin good at waltonville and bonnie dams off the rip-rap. ive been catchin the hell out of em on live shad.

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I would get rid of that bad luck hat. Glad to hear you caught some fish and sorry to hear you lost your equipment. If you know the general area where the rod went overboard you can take a large treblehook and weight and drag for it. Good luck.

6. Bigen

Bigen New Member

State:
    Illinois
    you said west frankfort lake I am not far from there I live in murphysboro and fish most local lakes so any info about that would be great. Maybe we could meet up and try for some cats together. I am having a baby next week so this is my last outing coming up this weekend for a while.

7. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like a good day fishing. Congrats on the fish and hopefully you will be able to get out more

8. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
  9. Kojak

Kojak New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Well, Frankfort Lake is pretty easy there are a few really good spots, one is just across from a scout camp, there is a cove there that is really good for cats, plus its not to far from the boat ramp. You get there by just heading toward the dam once you launch. And, once you are able to go again, I would be happy to meet up and catch some together. Oh and by the way. I plan on doing some jugging with a friend from your area. His name is John Lee maybe you know him. I think he usually fishes the river but I think he does the lakes in the area a little too. I work in Carbondale so im not too far from your home waters either :)

10. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    i went to that camp when i was a youngen!

11. riverrat85

riverrat85 New Member

State:
    Ruma, Illinois

shane

u fishin down at rend this saturday? we might be headin down and fishing probably all night saturday if your around youll have to find us and have a beer.

12. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    for sure. pm me ur number. my phone is shut off right now, but ill join ya down there. ur talkin bout saturday as in tomorrow right?