first day of gun season in ohio

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by bigcatman, Nov 27, 2007.

1. bigcatman

bigcatman New Member

State:
    Ashville, Ohio
    well yesterday was the first day of it and i whent out to a place i go and the peaple that drive it have already been though like i though and i was thinking there would be some deer left well i was wrong they killed everything there and when i left i seen a monster 10 pointer laying there guted and no tag on it and if it is still there tonight when i go there tonight should i take it or what????but after we was done we didnt get any deer.

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I know it sounds wrong,But If it was there for the takin,Why not . I bet that guy might think twice about leaving an untagged deer again .:crazy:

3. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Theres no reason to leave a gutted untagged deer lay. Here in PA we cant move it until tagged in the ear. our buck tag is attcahed to our license. I wouldnt have waited. I'd have drug it out as is.Serves him right for not being prepared. I even carry a spare pen incase one of my pens die. He should have atleast left a personal item with it to show it wasnt abandoned.

4. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    well in illinois ya will get a ticket if ya start feild dressing without a tag. ide take it.

our opening day i shot a buck at 120 yards with a muzzeloader. i hit it a little to far forward i believe. there was a lot of blood where it ran in the field but when it got into the timber it quit bleeding. i looked for hours with no results. it was limping hard on the front shoulder and looked like it was gonna drop but never did.

5. bigcatman

bigcatman New Member

State:
    Ashville, Ohio
    ya well i though about it later that day after i typed this up and i seid for get it im going to go get him but he was gone they came back for him becaseu they whent somewere else and i guess he was thinking about really just leaving it there becaseu he seid it was not bigg enough when it could of whent well over 160 class 10 point but whent back today and shot at one bigger then that deer and missed:angry: but o well its going to happen and also here in ohio you cant move or gut the deer without a tag in its ear and they pick it up and put it up by the barn