First Cattin Trip

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by ArmyCatfish, Apr 11, 2008.

1. ArmyCatfish

ArmyCatfish New Member

State:
    Georgia
    alright everyone the season has began now. myself and ben caught 9 flats between 20 and 30 lbs 5 between 10 and 18.a 8 and 11lb channel and a few smaller of both. what a blast we had a bigger flat on but he got off after he hit the surface the first time and took off again. ITS ON!!!!!:big_smile::big_smile::big_smile:

2. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Wow.. that is an amazing first trip. It is still too flooded, wet, and cold for fish in IL to really get going.

3. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Hey Jon, that's an awesome trip. Flatties are a rare treat for me. Congrats to you and Ben on the trip.

4. altamahajon

altamahajon New Member

State:
    Jesup, Georgia
    Man I am envious....wow what a great catch. What part of the river were you in Jon? I talked with two guys that came from south of Jaycees and they went down as far as Bugg Island and had not got anything all day today. Said the river was to high that most of them were in the low end of the woods and would not start coming out till it dropped to at least 8 feet and under.
    Goes to show ya....... never know just go.

AJ

5. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    sounds like a good trip with alot of fish

6. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Good deal on the trip. I went out myself today for the first trip and got 2 bites, one was a red ant. :big_smile:

7. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    Welcome home we are very proud of you.:big_smile:

8. pythonjohn

pythonjohn New Member Supporting Member

State:
    F L A Swamps
    Sounds to your off to a good start.
    Go Army! GRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

9. Cuda-Cada

Cuda-Cada Member

State:
    Jacksonville, Fl.
    Great report! Those are some nice fish...
    I went last night but fished down in the tidewater up above Altamaha Park. Didn't catch any but I spoke and heard that the limbliners were doing well. A guy I spoke to said they caught one last night that went about 60 pounds. He was bringing it to the park later to weigh it.
    Were you fishing down around the paddle boat/RR bridge? That is a good spot. Also, what were you using for bait?

10. ArmyCatfish

ArmyCatfish New Member

State:
    Georgia
    we were fishin down stream from jaycee's before the RR bridge. using gold fish. we were fishin in the sloughs and creak mouths and the timber. it was a good trip