First catfish trip planned this weekend. Badin or Tillery?

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by cat rookie, Jun 2, 2008.

1. cat rookie

cat rookie New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    We're gonna try to get out on the lake Friday evening and do some overnight catfishing. I live in Albemarle and would likely be fishing Badin or Tillery. I am more familiar with Badin, but I've been on Tillery a few times and have a crude handheld gps that I can use to mark waypoints and save tracks, so I should be able to navigate it ok in the dark. Any opinions on which lake you think may be an easier target for the maiden catfish voyage? Any tips for this time of year and weather??

Thanks in advance for your time and any help,

Darren

2. rob128146

rob128146 New Member

State:
    Rockwell, North Carolina
    I fish both and I would say Badin but the bite has went way down for me. I think they are spawning. Went to Tillery last Sat night and done real well. I have a post and pics from Tillery on NC resovoirs/lakes. I think it is good night on Tillery is the post name. I would say either one would be about the same right now. Maybe someone else can give you a better answer. But I will tell you this if I have my way about it i go to Badin!!:big_smile:

3. cat rookie

cat rookie New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Thanks! I'm more comfortable on that lake just because I used to spend a lot time on there skiing and riding jet skis so I know my way around it pretty well, but I'll go where the fish are bitin. :big_smile: