First Catfish of the Year!!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by Tangler, Mar 21, 2009.

1. Tangler

Tangler New Member

State:
    Sugarcreek, Ohi
    Set some limb lines yesterday morning and went back to check them today. First one was broken, second was disturbed but all still there and the third had a channel cat on the end! not sure how it happened but he was hooked through the base of his barb:smile2::smile2:. So it took a few minutes but I got it out and let him go as he was only about 2 pounds. Got me excited though! Im getting ready right now to head out and try the waters!

Tang

2. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    congrates rick

3. cantonjim

cantonjim New Member

State:
    ohio
    never tried that kind of fishing is it fun

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks for sharing your fishing trip.

5. rich crabtree

rich crabtree New Member

State:
    ohio
    :smile2: FINELY, got out for the 3 rd time this year , my brother, and dad rolled into town for the weekend and we went fishing at madison lake, my brother ( the bass fishermen ) allway wants to go catting when he comes in to town ( every sence he watched me pull in a 20 lbs flathead ) i will make him a cat man in time lol :wink: well any way , my first cats of 09 was, a 2 lbschanel, got him on a small chunk of bluegill, while i was trolling it . the last one for the day was a 3 lbs fathead , i got him on a gill head .we got there about 1 or 2 , and stayed till about 11 30 . they didnt get any thing, noboady seemed to be getting anything but LUCK ME :cool2::wink::0a31:.