First catfish in Texas

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by Shad Man, Sep 13, 2009.

1. Shad Man

Shad Man New Member

State:
    Tyler, TX
    Well Ashley and I just got back from Texas. It looks like we will be moving down to Tyler Texas next summer. She will be working on her master's degree at University of Texas, Tyler studying the fish community of the Neches River. If all works as planned I will be working for the Texas Parks and Wildlife. Well anyway back to the catfish. I stopped at the Wright Patman Reservor in Texas to check it out. Within 5 minutes I had two of the big three. A channel and a blue. I know they are small but all I had was a leadhead jig and a nightcrawer. Can't beat this for fishing at 3 in the afternoon in 95 degree heat. I can't wait to move down there. The lakes and rivers look amazing compared to 99 percent of Indiana. O'yeah and you have to hunt for a body of water that has a fish advisory. Texas here I come.

2. ~Austin~

~Austin~ New Member

State:
    Texas
    I'm sure you'll like East Texas. I just moved to Longview. There's plenty of places to fish around here.

3. etexun

etexun New Member

State:
    Texas (Nea
    Look me up when you get here and we will try and boat a few. I live about 40 minutes East of Tyler.

4. Shad Man

Shad Man New Member

State:
    Tyler, TX
    I definitely will. I can't wait to get down there.

5. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Justin i wish the best for you and your lady on your move to Texas . Fish On

6. Shad Man

Shad Man New Member

State:
    Tyler, TX
    I forgot to attach the pics.

Attached Files:

7. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
  8. BIGCATFISH64

BIGCATFISH64 New Member

State:
    Muncie,Indiana
    Hey Justin! Hope you and your girl have a great time in Texas! And good luck!

9. Shad Man

Shad Man New Member

State:
    Tyler, TX
    Thanks man. We are going to have actually to do some fishing before I leave.