First Catfish Ever

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by rsimms, Jul 29, 2008.

1. rsimms

rsimms New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Sam Simons has fished with me several times. He planned today's trip a while back and then came across his friend, Chuck, who will be moving away from Chattanooga soon. Sam learned that Chuck had never caught a catfish... or fished for them I suppose. Well, that just would not do so off we went with Chuck in tow.

Well, to say that Chuck started off his catfishing on a high note is a gross understatement. Sam caught the numbers, but Chuck whipped him badly on size! His first ever catfish of his life just about ripped his arms off.

When these fish bite these days, they hit like freight trains. It was a wonderful, touch-and-go battle for some minutes... but in the end Chuck put a battle-scarred 39-pound blue in the bottom of the boat.

According to Sam (who counts better than I do), the final tally in a few hours this morning was a 10-pound blue, a 12, an 18, a 20 and the 39.... plus a couple of dinks. Some caught on chicken breast and some on cut bait. Anywhere from 20 feet deep to 45 feet. Life is good and gettin' better every day.

Attached Files:

2. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Good job. Bet Chuck is turned onto catfishing now.

3. Zing

Zing Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Congrats to chuck, is he rethinking his move now. Thanks for the post Richard

4. tnsojaman

tnsojaman New Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Those are some awsome fish!! Congrats!!!

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Richard thanks for sharing a great story. Congrats to Chuck on catching some great fish. I would say Chuck will never be the same. He is hooked.:smile2:

6. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Congrats to Chuck on his first cat and thanks to you for putting him on them!

7. crankbait77

crankbait77 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Great job putting him on the fish, and as everyone else has said I don't think he will ever be a non-catfisherman again.

8. gatortail

gatortail New Member

State:
    tennessee
    thats what im talking about chuck way to go:cool2: