First cat on shrimp

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by tncatfishing, Oct 31, 2005.

1. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    Well I went fishing at tva cumberland city saturday night, and just in case I could not catch bait I brought, chicken liver and shrimp both flavored with garlic and vanilla. I got their with no daylight left, and getting bait was just not happening. But a guy gave me a big skipjack, so I set out my poles, but nothing for several hours. As I was getting ready to start packing up I thought why not try the shrimp. And as I was packing my other poles up I look up to see the pole baited with shrimp bending pretty good. And to my surprise I pulled in an 8lb blue. Well Iset out another pole baited with shrimp and finished packing up since I was the only one their, and I had been their a while. Didn't get any more but one is better than none. I will now make sure I carry bait with me. I might of been able to catch more, but it was getting late and a little cold. I'm gonna try again this weekend and will update. :)

2. capt.kirk

capt.kirk Guest

please keep us advised on how you are doing on shrimp.
    KIRK :)

3. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    I have used shrimp many times, I buy the frozen uncooked shrimp from wally world. I have always done well using it for bait. I catch mainly channels with it. I haven't used it lately because I wasn't catching any fish over 5-6 pounds...I'm after the MONSTERS and use shad for the most part anymore. If I take somebody that just doesn't about size, I have them use shrimp and they seem to always catch fish.

Just my $.02

4. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    The shrimp I used I bought from wally world and flavored with garlic, vanilla , seasoned salt, pepper and sugar. I have some chicken liver flavored the same way, and it has thickened up even the blood, Iam gonna try that this weekend to. I do use shad most of the time, and the biggest cat I have caught this year was 32lbs on shad gizzards. I am also going to start saving grease from cooking to use for flavoring some bait. Good fishing to all.

5. Mathersm

Mathersm New Member

State:
    Darbydale, Ohio
    Me and my bro have caught many a channel over 10/bs on shrimp. I won't drift with nething else now.

6. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    i've caught some nice channels with shrimp on a cork with the tail peeled they were tearing it up...

7. capt.kirk

capt.kirk Guest

JOHN
    i am sure happy to here about your experience on shrimp.
    THANKS FOR THE TIP
    KIRK :rolleyes:

8. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    hey capt. it was out there at dover park that they were hitting...