First carp of 07

Discussion in 'Carp Fishing' started by bigfatcat, Mar 26, 2007.

1. bigfatcat

bigfatcat New Member

State:
    virginia
    went fishing at the local pond today and i managed to catch me my first carp of 07 along with a little cat which i have caught alot of this year allready but i caught the carp on a little #4 hook with a chunk of Farmfresh king bread (cheapest and it seems to work so i use it) but shes not my biggest but atleast im catching something here is a picture of it

Attached Files:

2. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Awesome Carp! Congrats on the catch!:smile2:

3. mcwrestler

mcwrestler New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    That carp appears to have some irregular scales indicating a mirror carp, definitly a nice start.

4. countrycat15

countrycat15 New Member

State:
    gastiona,nc
    nice leatherback dude!!!

5. flathead_ky

flathead_ky New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I caught my first one of the year yesterday. I would say its about the same size of yours.

6. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    bet he put up a dandy fight, cool. i went crappie fishing today. ended up with 4 and 5 bluegill. havent had a chance to get to the creeks yet. there flooded. i always tie into those fighting carp fishing for smallmouth and channels with nightcrawlers.

7. skeetermagnet

skeetermagnet New Member

State:
    Edmond, Oklahoma
  8. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Congrats on a nice catch!

9. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    Nice mirror man! Im waiting to get my first!

10. mcwrestler

mcwrestler New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Mirrors are hard to come by in some waters, I know a few anglers who would love to hook into them, my biggest is 10 pounds 6 ounces.

11. chesapeakecarper

chesapeakecarper New Member

State:
    Maryland
    Nice mirror carp dude. I'm still waiting for my first for 2007 but any day now...

12. ravenloft420

ravenloft420 New Member

State:
    mo
    wow awsome carp. I have never seen or even heard of a "mirror". carp but its really neat looking. definately "aquarium worthy" lol.

13. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Man thats a nice :go: looking fish Dude

14. bigfatcat

bigfatcat New Member

State:
    virginia
    thanks, i never really called a carp a differnt type of carp(mirror) i just called them carp im gonna have to look up so differt types and see what kinds ive been catching

15. mcwrestler

mcwrestler New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    There are 3 man types of common carp. They include the plain common, with evenly distributed scales all over, no irregularities. The leather carp, a scale less carp that I understand is not common in America if it is even found in the wild here, and the mirror, which has irregular scales, sometimes with patches of skin between scale patches. Not to be confused with common carp that have lost scales through injury. As far as state records go I do not believe they distinguish between mirror and common, they are the same except for scale pattern, someone correct me if I am wrong. Also, some fish can be classified as fully scaled mirrors, which means they are fully scaled, no skin showing, but the scales are all oddly shaped, not the same all around.

16. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Nice mirror carp, I've never landed one, but I did hook into one that was about 12lbs out in Lake Cachuma in California, but it broke my line. Yeah, those carp seem to like a meal at a reasonable price, anything cheap and grainy seems to work.