First buck a good one!!

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by tokie, Dec 21, 2005.

1. tokie

tokie New Member

State:
    Hemlock, Ohio
    Hey was so excited about killing my first buck forgot to put it on my favorite site!! I got into hunting as soon as I was old enough. My dad purchased me a Browning BPS for christmas in 2000 or 2001. Ill never forget it. Ive hunted with my uncle(Abu), Dad, and other uncle for years. Unfortunately this year my uncle(Abu) wasn't able to hunt due to his shoulder and back. He has spent so much time with me in the woods and water i wish he was there when i took this buck. I know he would have done anything to be out there with me. ON WITH THE STORY!! My dad and I always take the first two or three days off of deer gun season here in Ohio. We decided to take three this year. On the first Day of youth season i took a doe from 80 yards. Was the best shot I had ever taken on a deer. She drop and I knew I had her. I was still disapointed because I missed a monster about a month earlier with a bow. On the first day of regular gun season we didn't see anything until the afternoon, when i jump to does. Never shot it was to thick and they were running. Dad did't see a thing. The next morning it was raining and we got a late start. But we got set up in one of are favorite spots. Around 10:00 I heard something to the right of the point i was sitting on. Then boom. It was so close my heart stop two does came across the creek I new the shot came from the right so I couldn't shot yet. When the first doe stop she was behind a tree when she bolted i threw to shots at her. Old bangem up missed. The other d%^m doe stop in the same spot and start moving i threw a shot and same story. Well I figured i should goe check to see if i hit one of them. I saw the guy who shot and he said he hit her. He was a city slicker saw i helped him track his deer. After he walked by the deer i showed him where she was it was the second doe i shot at but he was clearly the one who hit her. So i helped him drag her to the road. As we got done gutting her and got her to the road we heard boom, one shot I grabbed my gun i knew it was dad but. He hasn't ever got a deer. So still having a tag i was lock and loaded. lol. about three minutes later i heard him hollow. I got down there and he got it. A beautiful six point all symetrical. After all the years saying he never mound one he decided to get it mounted. We were done for the day. Knowing he had the first buck between us and the first deer during regular gun season, i went out the next day. Never saw a deer. Thursday it was back to school. It killed me knowing that i had to wait to saturday to hunt. Friday i went to work then mad the hour and a half drive to my uncles farm. Saturday was here and i was up and ready. My buddy larry was there and he went to the corner of the property and i went to the left to the stand 500 yards away. Larry saw a button buck but he never shot because it was walking right to me not spooked he was 75-80 yrds and i shot at him he wasn't going to stop. I missed he did't know where it came from and he got within 40 yards. I made the mistake of wearing cloves that were to big and I didn't get the second shell in the chamber he heard and saw me and he hauled as& to get out of there. I shot and missed. Shot em up! lol! We went back out and drove to does to Larry but he was to low in the woods and never got a shot. My uncle shot once and missed. RARITY SERIOUSLY. Anyone early on sunday we were at it again. Never saw a thing until about 8:45 when i heard larry shot once, I immediatly took off the cloves though the these were much thinner. Larry shot twice more 30 seconds later i figured he was finishing it off. But out of the Pines came the monster deer. I was rubbing skoal apple. I had just told myself before larry shot to compose myself if i see a deer before you shot. Well the deer stop behind two or three big pines. Just enough time to compose myself. When he came out i grunted no call just grunted he never stop I shot when he was about twenty yards tops and missed. He then stop and shook like a dog ive never seen anything like it. I put that bead on him and pulled the trigger i saw him juke and i knew i hit him good he ran fourty yards and I shot again want to mak sure. He went down all the hours i thought finally. I climb out of the stand and here came larry. We went down and there he was. A nine point with a 19 1/2 inch inside and 15 1/2 outside spread with 12 1/2 inch g2's. He had mass like ive never seen. I looked at him and he'd been fighting and he was ruffed up. Decided i didn't want him mounted. My uncle said if you don't you'll kick yourself in the ass. I still was stuborn and didn't want it done. He said if you don't i am. Saw he did he got it mounted. It was the biggest Buck killed of the property since he bought it nine years ago. Anyway it has been four years in the making and heres a pic of my dads the six and mine the nine. best of luck to everyone the rest of the season.
    (tokie)

2. tokie

tokie New Member

State:
    Hemlock, Ohio
    here is the pics

Attached Files:

3. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Nice buck!! Way to go on your first!

4. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    Congrats on your first deer!!! That's a nice buck there.

5. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Nice buck. Im with ya on not getting em mounted. I havent had any of mine mounted either. There wouldnt be room for em pretty fast. Pictures are enough for me.

6. jrm11

jrm11 New Member

State:
    Fairmont, W Va.
    Congrats on your buck !!! He was a nice one !
    Living in Ohio im sure you'll bag a bigger one !!
    Just give it time. You guys from Ohio sure do produce some monsters !!

7. SSG Johnson

SSG Johnson New Member

State:
    Saint Robert Missouri
    Way to go brother thats a nice deer Im glad you mounted your first you want regret it.

8. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Way to go Tokie, Very nice "first buck"

9. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    That's a great way to start, Tokie...really nice buck.

10. tokie

tokie New Member

State:
    Hemlock, Ohio
    Well it wasn't my first deer just first Buck!! lol thanks guys

11. solomon

solomon New Member

State:
    MS
    way to go tokie :thumbsup: that's a fine buck. You have every right to be excited. Some go many many years without killing as nice a deer. And for your first buck!! That's great!

12. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Your hooked now brother
    WTG
    Nice Buck...................!

13. Chanellocked

Chanellocked New Member

State:
    Lake St. Louis, MO
    Hey Tokie, got my 1st ever buck this year also, not as big yours though. Congrats on a great 1st buck. :thumbsup: Bet you're itchin to get to the taxidermist. Way to go!!!