First Bow!!!!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by TX Fisherman, Nov 26, 2008.

1. TX Fisherman

TX Fisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    got my first bow not to long ago, a 2005 martin Jaguar, got her from a friend, put a truglow 5 pin sight on her, traded out her old arrow rest for a whisker biskit, have a deasent silencer on her, and got a nice release, been practicin in the yard constantly since i got her, cant wait to take her out to shoot somethin!!!! be lookin out for me cause im tellin ya, i got some good stories commin!!!

2. kennylee

kennylee New Member

State:
    Missouri -
    Congragulations on your new to u bow. I started with a used bow 20 something years ago and have been shooting ever since. Can't wait to hear soom of your soon to come stories, good luck and keep it in the ten ring.

3. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Kevin, sounds like a souped up race car! Congrats! :wink:

4. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Congrats on the bow purchase Kevin. Sounds like a nice setup! Keep on flinging those arrows and hopefully someday you'll put the smack-down on a nice animal! Remember practice perfect practice. Don't over do it! Just practice smart and when you're tired, put it down and wait for another time!!:wink: Good luck on the shooting!:big_smile:

5. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Kevin, congrats on your first bow. if it ain't shooting rght just ask here. I'm new myself and learned from the experienced archers here on the BOC. Now I'm 200% better after about 6 shoots. Keep it up.

6. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Congrats on the new bow!!

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Kevin congrats on the new Martin bow. Sounds nice and should serve you well.

8. smhmc6

smhmc6 Member

State:
    Kansas
    Congratulations on the new bow. You are going to fall in love with the sport of bow hunting. Practice alot. Of course, nobody really has to tell you that cause I bet you are chompin at the bit to get out and shoot it every chance you get. Its rifle season around here so I have chosen to take a little break from the woods until thats over. I've been going to the range every few days (cause during this break I've also been sleeping in and don't get off work until dark which means I can't shoot in the back yard). Shooting the bow has almost been therapeutic this past week. I'm sure you know what I mean, good luck with it and good luck hunting.

9. Little Tree Rat

Little Tree Rat New Member

State:
    Kansas
    got a new one for christmas..its a Mission by Mathews Menace...dont have it yet..hadnt come in by christmas..but excited, goin to try to kill a deer next season

10. Kansas Tree Rat

Kansas Tree Rat New Member

State:
    Waverly, Kansas
    Welcome to the brotherhood of the arrow.
    Like uncle Ted says Wack em, Stack em and pack em!

11. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Kill a big one with it,