first bow kill

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by beetle, Oct 2, 2009.

1. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Finally! after several years of just out of range or one always being on alert to where I could never pull a shot off, yesterday everything came to a perfect shot. Got in my treestand yesterday morning, a little cool no wind at all. An hour and a half later here come two doe's. They were taking their time nibbling here and there as they came to me. The one in the rear had her head down and the front one started past me, as she stepped past a tree I stood up and pulled the string back. Aiming past the tree about where I was going to take my shot. I let the arrow fly and off they ran. It looked like I made a good hit. I gave them 10 minutes and climbed down. I went over to where I made the shot about 18yrds. No arrow so at least I knew I stuck her, I backed out of the woods for an hour. When I came back to track her I found some small drops of blood about 10yrds, so now I'm second guessing if I made a good shot or not. About 50yrds I start finding more blood...about 75yrds there she lay! Man I was excited. I hit her a couple of inches back of the rib cage about two inches down, all the way through to the front leg on the oposite side. She dressed out at 115lbs. Thank you Martin Bows! I've taken Bucks and Doe's durning gun season but this doe, my first deer taken with my bow I will remember the most.

2. phase5supply

phase5supply New Member

State:
    Hope Mills, NC
    Congrats WTG, Hope you harvest many more with your bow:big_smile:

3. David Knotts

David Knotts New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La
    Congrats on the first bow kill. Hope you have many more.

4. Fletchhunter

Fletchhunter New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Congrats!!!! The first is the hardest

5. radish

radish Member

State:
    ms
    CONGRATS on your bow kill. Now you have the first one it will be easy.

6. 1 catbuster

1 catbuster New Member

State:
    Union Mo
    Way to go. it took me a few years to get my first kill also.quite a few

7. team salmon

team salmon New Member

State:
    kansas
    congrats!!! Nothing like it is there? Trust me that feeling you'll revisit with every one you shoot with a bow now, at least that's the way it is for me - the only thing better is when you get your first one big enough to hang on the wall. I've bow hunted for 22yrs and just killed my first pope and young deer last season - I'm still damn proud of every deer I shoot no matter what it is.

8. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Way to go! I know you are excited. That must be an awesome feeling. I've never learned to use a bow, but I've seen just how much work & practice needs to go in to "getting it done".
    Real proud for ya!

9. Poppa

Poppa New Member

State:
    Pinson, Al
    Congrats on your first bow kill. You have the monkey off your back now.
    That takes a lot on mental pressure off. Good deal.

10. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Congrats on your 1st bow kill..

11. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Congrats on the first bow kill. Now that you got the first, the rest will come easier. Its like your first kiss. Just one is never enough.

12. perrycounty.in

perrycounty.in New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Nice job beetle. Now your hooked eh? :wink:

13. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Congrats Roger. I remember my first like it happened yesterday. Funny how a doe can turn a grown man's arm's into jelly isn't it.:smile2: hopefully this is the first of many.

14. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Way to go! As others have said it will now get A LITTLE easier !

15. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    WTG. Roger on your first bow kill. I hope this is the first of many.

16. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    Congrats brother, there is nothing like harvesting a deer with a bow if you ask me. Once you've done it you are hooked. Glad to see your plan came together. reps to ya.

17. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Congrats on your first bow kill Roger. Nothing better than hunting with a bow. More exciting than gun hunting. I bet you are hooked now:cool2:.
    Tom