First boat

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by Fishgeek, May 17, 2006.

1. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Well, I finally did it. Saved some money, sold my catfish canoe, and bought my first "real" boat. Special thanks to my good BOC brother River Scum for finding a sweet deal for me!

Its a '69 Starcraft. 15 footer, fiberglass hull, stick steer (which should be interesting getting used to). It needs a little work but most of it minor. The small rear deck needs rebuilt and the carpet will have to be replaced. A little touch-up work to repair some scratches on the hull will be needed too.

I was really looking for more of a river boat -- flatbottom & aluminum -- but for the price I couldn't pass it up. Plus, it will be a a really good boat for me to take the kids fishing in.

Attached Files:

2. explayer

explayer New Member

State:
    Tucson AZ
    Congrads on the boat

3. bmaultbay

bmaultbay New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    congrats on the boat. hope you and your family have many hours of enjoyment on the water. I just purchased my fost boat about 2 months ago. I am happy to say that I have discovered my wife enjoys fishing as much as I do, maybe more.:big_smile:

4. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    Congrats on the new boat. Looks like it will make a great cat boat. I have a fiberglass also., so rocky areas are a no-no. But there are plenty of other areas to fish.

5. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    Congrats on the boat now to start cattin' it up

6. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Congrats on getting the boat, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

7. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    You can make a fine cat boat from it, congrats

8. crome

crome New Member

State:
    ilm,nc
    way to go matt,congratulations!

9. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Are those vinyl BOC decals still being sold?

10. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Congrats on the boat Matt.. I got mine 2 months ago.. 15 1/2 ft Crestliner, Open Bow. TriHull.. 70 hp Johnson.. Needs a little Freshening up but i love it.. It's my 1st one.. All I've ever used before this was 12 ft john boats with a trollin motor.. I'm still getting used to loading and unloading on and off the trailer.. Again congrats..

11. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Matt that is gonna be one fine cat boat man. The kids and you will enjoy it, I'm sure.

12. pescador

pescador New Member

State:
    Ohio
    wow nice boat man. get that thing out into the water and i wish you the best of luck. nice boat.