First aid kit

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Dirtdobber, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    Do you carry a first aid kit when you fish? What kind do you carry?

2. westvirginiacatfish

westvirginiacatfish New Member

State:
    Ronceverte
    I carry one I bought at wally world for $10. It has the usual stuff in it.

3. Dirtdobber

State:
    Vian Okla
    I've carried every thing from duck tape to a trama bag. I carry a small now with just the basics.

4. randallewis

randallewis New Member

State:
    Louisiana --Shreveport
    Mine is in a Quart zip lock in my tackle box. Band aids, aspirin, wasp sting swabs, tweezers, burn swabs, iodine capsules. Just basic stuff.

5. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    i carry a basic kit i think the wife got it at walmart

6. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I carry a large kit from Walmart, comes with about anything neccesary to get by with.

7. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    mine is pretty simple. Bottle of proxide, bandaides, alcohol swabs, triple aitibiotic ointment and a pair of side cutters(for hook removal) and twezzers.

8. rudepossum

rudepossum Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Yep I have one in the boat and one in the truck. Plus me the wife and kids take CPR refresher courses each year with our school program.

9. Dirtdobber

State:
    Vian Okla
    I've got to go for my refresher in June. Since I left the sheriffs dept I don't do as much training. Getting lazy.

10. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    The johnson & johnson from wally world for $10, and also a couple clean hand towels and larger zip locks for making ice packs just using ice from the cooler. Those lil Chem packs are lame for a broken bone. (except a finger)
    :wink:

11. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    I have a little first aid kit in my boat, and larger one in the truck, One thing to think about if you can't fix it with a bandaid and some goop, you need to go to the hospital. I went to the red cross and took first aid and cpr, this is something everone needs to take, I paid $50 for the corse it was a day long. most accidents that need anything more than simple first aid needs to be acted on quickly. A hook in the finger may not seam too bad and most times we can remove them easy enough, but go to hospital and get a shot infections can set in quickly. Other things to keep in mind is to drink water, use sunblock, wear a hat when in the sun, and use bug spray to prevent picking up any unwanted friends or bites. and a good set of uv sunglasses will save your eyes form the glare off the water. Now if you don't mind i need to remove this splinter i had for two day, jeff

12. coolbreeze70

coolbreeze70 New Member

State:
    tennessee
    On my boat I carry a Military Combat Lifesaver Bag. It has anything from basic first aid supplies to IV bags. In my vehicles I have smaller basic kits. In my garage i have a kit by the fire extinguisher. I have used the extinguisher more though.:eek:oooh: Im also trained in first aid and CPR certified.

13. dademoss

dademoss Member

State:
    Ohio
    Every car and the boat has a first aid kit and fire extinguisher.

First aid kits are the 10-14 dollar ones that have a little of everything.

14. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I carry one in my truck,Got a large one from Wally-world,I added some of the second skin burn pads to mine ,Since I weld ,They are great on any abrasions you get as well as burns.:cool2:

15. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Don't forget you can't just clean your wound by washing it with river water, use the kitchen sink you brought.:wink:

16. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    i have one while we camp my fishing one i think

17. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    I carry a sm one when i fish and take my larger one to our gathering. You never know when you need something:wink: