Fireworks,who watches them?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Buddrice, Jul 2, 2006.

1. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I had a busy day today getting things done that needed to be and ran out of energy around five .I thought I woud just relax and enjoy an evening on the BOC site.Around 5:30 My 10 year old grandson called and asked Pap- Paw will you come down and watch us do fireworks.I asked him what time and he said around eight.Even though I was tired I couldn't tell him no so 8:00 we went down and watched a good show of fireworks with our three grandchildren and enjoyed being with them.How many of you like to watch fireworks?

2. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I watch them every year, but I dont really enjoy them now...I really liked them when I was a kid.

3. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    yeah i usually watch fireworks... eventhough for the past couple years up here the show has been bad

but i try to make my own
    like taping bottle rockets together

like 4 bottlerockets and 2 or one firecracker in the middle... its cool if it is done right.... they shoot up and split apart

i just do stuff like that...

sometimes i get bored:smile2:

4. Ironhead

Ironhead New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I like watching. But, personally I would rather be the one shooting them of. I am kinda of a firebug.:cool2:

5. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Buddy, I'm sure this won't surprise anybody, but I LOVE fireworks. Little ones, big ones, simple ones, complicated ones, doesn't matter to me. My mom's birthday is July the 4th, so fireworks and firework displays are a tradition in my family. And we throw in some homemade ice-cream too. Our baseball park here in town has a terrific display every year. We take the boat out and travel to that side of the lake to watch from the water. It's awesome! Several nice homes along the way have their own big shows too, choreographed to patriotic music. One of my favorite nights of the year!

6. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    I like them but I think I like watching the kids enjoy them more. I love watching their faces as the sky lights up.

7. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Awesome,tell your Mom Happy Birthday.That is a great day to born on.And yes I enjoy them.We live only about a mile from the Louisiana Downs race track and we can watch their displays from here at the house and it is awesome...

8. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    That's no lie,Watching my grandaughters eyes this evening and knowing how happy the three kids were made me feel good...

9. kccats

kccats New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    Ive always enjoyed fireworks.

10. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Just got back from Father-In-Laws wathing the neighbor let off fireworks.

Tomorrow we are going to the Columbus Clippers baseball game, then they are letting off fireworks, then you can stay there and watch Red-White-and Boom downtown from the park.

Then Tuesday is the Fireworks from Ashville 4th of July, I can watch them from my back porch.

Madison just watches and gets bored with em. At least she dont cry when they go off. We just keep her ears covered.

11. r_bray89

r_bray89 New Member

State:
    Shawnee, Kansas
    any body ever make a sparkler bomb pretty amazing
    yeah up to this year i was big about buying and shooting but this year i think im going to sit back and watch some night works

12. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    I've seen all the fireworks I need to see after having to watch Thunder Over Louisville the last 14 years.

13. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    I love watching them where add a good show here saturday night.

14. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I enjoy a good fireworks display. Tonight they have a good one here on the lake but we have to go in the boat for we live under a hill from the display. Kind of neat, the lake will be covered with red, green and white boat lights with the fireworks in front. The major mess happens after the display when everyone starts home at the same time, especially the drunks. :crazy:

They are having another big one here at the Oaklawn race track on the 4th.

Couple years ago a guy that lives just across the lake put on a major fireworks display, we had a great seat.

15. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    I watch them with my family, if it wernt for them I probably wouldnt go. The way I figure it fireworks will never compare to Tomahawks launching then streaking towards thier target or watching 9 - 16 inch guns going off at the same time. They are neat to watch and I love the booms of the bigguns.

16. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    I like to watch fireworks but I won't be sad if I miss them all during this time of year. Luckily I got to watch some last night while fishing. :big_smile:

17. kbgrillin

kbgrillin New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I love to watch fireworks. We have several shows here in Jonesboro. I always go to the fairgrounds to watch them. They have patriotic music playing during the show. Catgirl, Happy birthday to your mother.

18. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Fiire works are ok ,but I could really do with out all the loud noise.Just gettin old I guess. Sat night down at the camp site a bunch of us got on this one couples pontoon boat and rode up to the Marina and watch them shoot off fireworks. It was pretty nice ,it lasted about an hour. When I really like to watch the fireworks go off is after a CARDINALS WIN!!:cool2:

19. Matthew72

Matthew72 New Member

State:
    Cobden Il.
    I aint been real big on fireworks since 2003 when April and I went to Tupelo,Ms to watch their big fireworks show at the park. We stopped at the SONIC and got a 99cent banana split for each of us. After we parked and started eating, I spilled my mostly melted icecream treat on her. But, I am hoping this year is better.