Fireline

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by lilrivercatman, Apr 3, 2007.

1. lilrivercatman

lilrivercatman New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Does anyone use it? I've heard alot of good stuff about it. Would it be safe on a reel like a Zebco 404.

2. Salty1

Salty1 New Member

State:
    Mt. Washington, Ky.
    Use power pro if you want to use braid. I have had the the
    best luck with this !!!

3. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Andy,
    My opinion, for what it's worth, would be to not spend your money on braid but to save it and get a better reel.
    As you might guess, I am not a fan of spincast reels...W

4. cathouse

cathouse New Member

State:
    NY
    i used fireline for years with no problems what so ever but usually twenty LB. test at the heaviest but if im not mistaken the reel in question has plastic pick up pins = not good for any braid if you insisist on spincast reels check out the higher end abu spinmatic reel my misses has one good reel good drag heck i use it somrtimes when no ones looking and have landed steelhead and a salmon or two. enough promoting you can also look at zebcos offering in the spin cast models made for twenty pound mono zebco 880 (saltwter reel) 808 , 733 hog the later two easily found at wally world and will handle larger size fish if you let your equipment do the work ie. drag and pole hope i was some help , i have used all of these poles at one point so this is from experience.