Fireline Fishing Line Reviews?

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by smith06, Jul 1, 2006.

1. smith06

smith06 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Im gonna be chasin' the big'uns soon and have been recommended fire line. Does it fray like spiderwire does?? Overall is it a good line.

2. breadboy

breadboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    powerpro is better imo. I have been trying the new suffix braid and it is awesome, but costs more. I mostly don't use braid too much, but for bigguns' I spool up with 50 pound braid. i went bay fishing at the coast this spring with 20 lb suffix braid, and I didn't lose one fish. Casted very far too, was able to reach breaking little tunny blitzing baitfish.

3. Ironhead

Ironhead New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Never used Fireline. Heard good things about it though. I have been using Spiderwire since it first came out in the mid to late 90's and love it. Stuff's strong as hell. Never heard of it fraying before. How were you using it when that happened.

4. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    well i got 20lb fireling on one of my heavy duty spinning rods.... seems good... a bit too much memory for me....but less than mono....
    it says its good on any type of reel

sorry i dont have more info...

5. smith06

smith06 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Ive never used spider-wire. My buddy had it on his pole and it frayed. He used it on open faced tigershark combo made by shakespeare.

6. janton311

janton311 New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    A buddy of mine bought some, and said it wasn't worth the $$$..

7. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    I've used it on many poles. I've used Fireline from 30lb. to 80lb (I think it was 80). I've used it for stripers, bass, catfish, and used the heaviest stuff for king salmon. It has almost no stretch, and you'd darn sure better know how to tie a knot if you use it. If you don't tie a proper knot, it'll pull out. It's unbelievably sensitive and extremely strong for the diameter of line that it is. When fishing for king salmon, I could literally feel fish brush up against my line when fishing in the rivers. My fishing partner didn't believe me, so I told him I'd set the hook next time I felt one. I set the hook the next time and hooked a salmon right in the tail, made a believer out of him!

I like it a lot, I just use mono more often now, because of the price and it's easier for me to find around here. The last batch of fireline I bought, I bought off ebay. I bought about a dozen spools of 30-80lb test for around $60. Heckuva deal.

Jerrod

8. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    I love the mono. Use your drag right and you don't need the braids or superlines unless your horsing big fish out of structure.