fireline crystal

Discussion in 'Bass Fishing' started by LEROYDOZOIS, Aug 19, 2008.

1. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    does anyone use this for bassfishing ????????

i have 3 spools lying around the house that a very good friend gave to me.... (20lb 300 yrd spools):crazy:

im concerend that the white color will scare the bass off.....

i should also mention that i do 98% of my bassing at night..... but then does that mean that during a full moon the bit stops ????:confused2:

any help ???????????

2. larry again

larry again Active Member

State:
    missouri
    I don't bass fish much ,but I do use it for walleye and drift fishing for catfish love it! most of the walleyes swallow the jigs does not seem to bother thim work good for me.

3. CarolinaCatJack

CarolinaCatJack New Member

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    That's a good point sleek. Now you've got me wondering about that myself.... I usually use 20lb braid Spiderwire (mossy green color) when I'm bass/crappie fishing and either 50lb braid Spiderwire (mossy green) or 20-30lb Cajun red when I'm cattin'. I doubt any of this info helped answer your question, but I know cats and crappie are finicky, and they scare easy. I just try to find something that will more or less "blend" or "disappear" with the color of the water. But, by experience, I HAVE learned that most fish don't worry about the line that's draggin' that tasty-lookin' bait through the water. HTH.

4. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    my buddy travis uses it in 10 # test for trout, sand bass, walleye, and crappie, and does pretty good. trout are way more finicky than bass, so i'd say it should work.

5. Ghosth

Ghosth New Member

State:
    North Dakota
    Well if your bassing at night I think the light color would make it easier to watch your casts and your line. As far as the moon, I think I'd try it on both a full moon and a quarter and see which does better.

If your concerned about the bass seeing it, a 3' mono leader would put it far enough away that they probably would never notice it. Plus a lot of lines tend to get hard to see nderwater.

6. urrdone

urrdone New Member

State:
    wisconsin
    all i can say is spool up the fireline its night and day compared to mono. theres a learning cure to using it though. theres no stretch so watch your hooksets or all you will land will be lips:tounge_out: also the sensitivity is crazy. i ususally throw 1/8 oz jigs with grubs or texas rigs and i can feel every rock twig or whatever. bites also feel way different than with mono. i took me a week or so to get used to using it but will never turn back.

7. M Pain

M Pain New Member

State:
    N. Central Pa
  8. dano40

dano40 New Member

State:
    Spirit lake, Iowa
    Fireline Crystal becomes nearly invisible in the water

9. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I think you would be fine, but if you have some concerns a fluorocarbon leader should do the trick.