Fireline crystal 20lb superbraid

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by LEROYDOZOIS, Dec 8, 2007.

1. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    i mysteriously found 4 spools of the crystal line on my door steo(srry GETHOOKED, i had to say that ) and was wondering if the line would cut into my guides. im pretty sure there seramic but im not sure cause its a Tiger spinning combo :wink:

another thing im wondering about is its a spinning combo so im clueless here

ive never used a superbraid before :confused2:

2. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i have used fireline in several different test strengths in ceramic rod guides, and never had a problem with it. instead of a braid, fireline is actually fused together. extremely strong stuff and very abrasion resistant. on a spinning reel is the way to use it. i couldn't get it to work on a baitcaster though, even with bqacking. hope this helps ya!

3. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    first let me say ive used fireline one time.didnt like it so i replaced it soon as i got back to town.i have noticed that no matter what line you use it will wear on your guides.may take longer may be in a hurry.braid seems to be the worst on your guides.yes i use braid on 2 or my rods i just change guides often.

4. CaptainBrad

CaptainBrad Active Member

State:
    North Dakota
    I don't think the fireline will hurt your guides to much. It might wear in over time but I'm sure it would be a long time. I personally do not like braids because I find that even though they are abrasion resistant they will wear down and break when fishing alot of rocks. I also don't like it when the situation arises when you have to break a line.

If you have it try it you may love or you may hate it. You be the judge for yourself.