Fired up the smoker this morning

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by Arkansascatman777, Nov 29, 2009.

1. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    I decided to rest today and get ready to return back to work on Monday :angry::smile2:. I fired up the smoker and put on a wild hog front shoulder and ham. I'll post some pics later today on what the finished product looked like. I put onions and red bell peppers and some other seasonings on them then added 1 beer to each. I'll smoke them at 250 degrees for a couple of hours open then close the tin foil over the top, throw in some baking poatoes then smoke for an additional 4 hours or so.heres some pics to get your mouths watering :wink:.

Attached Files:

2. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    Dang Wish I didn't have a bunch of plumbing to do. It would be ready by the time I got there with the ice tea and sour dough bread.:smile2::smile2::smile2:

Looks good.

3. Arkansascatman777

State:
    AR
    The smell was making me hungry so I throwed in some sausages and had a couple for breakfast :big_smile:. The rest I put back in the package and they will have a good smoke flavor when I put them in the microwave later in the week. This is a good tip for when you have the smoker fired up. I have also done this with bacon at a really low temp and the smoked flavor in the bacon is really good.

Attached Files:

4. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    I'm hungry already, but my wife wanting to clean up threw away the racks for my smoker. How is that smoked beer?

5. festus

festus New Member

This sounds and looks great, Johnny. Was this wild hog a Russian Boar, or a wild domestic hog? Do the wild hogs taste as good as the tame ones?

6. Arkansascatman777

State:
    AR
    2 of them were black russians and the other one was mixed or at least it had a lot of white on it. One had about 2 inch tusks razor sharp. They taste great.

7. Arkansascatman777

State:
    AR
    I eat too much :eek:oooh::smile2:.

8. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    I knew i smelled something good from the north wind yesterday!!!:eek:oooh::tounge_out: Yes glad ya smoked the pig to bring for sandwiches at Tawakoni:eek:oooh::cool2::wink:

9. thunderchicken

thunderchicken New Member

State:
    Yuma Az
    Man that sounds so good. What kind of wood did you use, hickory or maybe pecan???

:cool2:

10. Arkansascatman777

State:
    AR
    Mike I used hickory this time but have some pecan in the wood pile also, I like both.

11. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    Id settle for the beer right bout now///looks delicious brotha