Fired NFL Coaches of '06

Discussion in 'NFL Talk' started by H2O Mellon, Jan 2, 2006.

1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    #1.) M.Tice-Vikings
    #2.) J.Hslett-Saints
    #3.) M.Martz-Rams
    #4.) D.Capers-Texans
    #5.) H.Sherman-Packers

Who's next, who will keep the list going?

My bet is that Norv Turner will be let go

2. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    What do you think about Dick Vermil for Kansas City, I know that he was talking about it too.

chris

3. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I could see it in Jerry Jones eyes yesterday. The Tuna is canned. LOL.

4. bearcat

bearcat Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    Dick Vermil retired yesterday. So yes he is gone also.

5. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Actually The Big Tuna, Bill Parcells has had a three year extension laying on his desk. He has not signed it yet. Some are saying he is going to retire rather than signing it.

6. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I knew the Tuna had one more year left but didnt know about the new contract. CowBoy's didnt do too bad this year. If he stays next year, they just might get r done. I think Bledsoe needs to learn too get rid of ball quicker.

7. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

It seems that players realy lose the games, not the coaches. I say fire the little babies who are blowing the games.

Ray

8. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    Dick Vermil retired sunday which i couldnt believe. And i think Bill Parcells will be back one more year because i think he has too much pride not to be in playoffs when he retires. And he has really started to turn around the cowboys

9. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Lets just hope that after the Bengals lose this week, and follow that up with 5 straight loseing seasons Marvin Lewis gets fired :D

10. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Sad shame that they fired him. After all he endured all year and to get canned was a shame. The owners need to be ashamed of themselves.

11. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Believe it or not, I think Mike Tice did a heck of a job with the Minnesota Vikings this year after the whole boat incident, and the stunning injury to Dante Culpepper. The season should have been canned but he turned things around and made something out of nothing. Ziggy Wilfe canned him right after the win against Chicago, tough break. Well, I wouldn't be so sure if I would bring Dante back even if he was healed next year, Brad Johnson looked very good this year!

12. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX
    THe problem with the NFL owners like the viks owner is that they are firing a GOOD coach. Who is out there better that he can be replaced with?

-Brian

13. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX
    I hope Parcells sticks around, even though there is an abudance of coaches on the market now.

-brian

14. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I was right, it's official, Norv Turner just got fired.

Of all the fired coaches, I see Tice & Martz as getting new head coaching jobs soon.

15. Leakyboat

Leakyboat New Member

I agree with you Mellon,I think Tice will be the first one hired somewhere!
    Ernie

16. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    That's a good point Jim! They have the most available salary in the NFL I believe and whoever they bring in to coach could make the Vikings a serious Super Bowl contender next year. Their are going to be a lot of outstanding players looking for contracts at the end of the year in the Free Agency. I would go after Plaxico Buress from the Giants if I were the Vikings. I think he would be a great pickup and he's a tall receiver with great hands. Tice would be a good head coach for the Oakland Raiders. That team needs some serious help. Edgerrin James will be on the Free Agency market at the end of the season if the Colts don't sign him again. I'm not sure but I think Reggie Waynes' contract will be up also, but don't quote me on that one.

17. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX
    Reggie Wayne, while a good reciever COlts could survive without him, but Edge I hope the Colts do not loose him, it could be rough for Manning without a solid running game.

As far as Vikings coaches go, Tice has given them a winning record almost every year as head coach, I think that the problem the Vikings had early in the season was based a lot on Culpeppers lack of adapting to playing without Moss. He lost a major deep threat and refused to go to the short pass.

18. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    That's a good point Brian. All you have to do is look at the stats for Culpepper and then look at the stats from Johnson. Culpepper in his first seven games passed for 6 touchdowns and 12 interceptions. :blink: Johnson in the last nine games of the season passed for 12 touchdowns and 4 interceptions, that's a 3:1 touchdown to interception ratio! :) That's pretty impressive, thus the turnaround that the Vikings had to close out the year. I am with you guys on the point that we shouldn't get rid of Edgerrin James. The Colts offense thrives on the play-action pass, and without the threat of an explosive running game, it would be pointless to even try it. Maybe I'm wrong though, this year if you look at the way defenses have been playing us, they haven't been biting on the play-action as much. I wouldn't want to get rid of Reggie Wayne either because Marvin probably only has two or three years left, but you can't have everything. Look to see some changes on the offensive side of the ball for the Colts next year. :eek:

19. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX
    Ryan, even without Wayne though you still have Stokely and harrison. Plus even if you get an ok reciever Peyton can make them into a pro-bowler in no time flat. Edge though would be catostrophic to their offense it would really make the Colts 1 deminsional.

20. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX

As much as i dislike the PAts that is a good point Jim. I remember a couple of years ago the PAt's were pushing the cap and let go of their highest payed defender lawyer milloy who was also a team captain. Tha proved a lot when they went on to win without him.