Fire Line

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by TX Fisherman, Jul 10, 2007.

1. TX Fisherman

TX Fisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    i was wondering if anyone here thought fireline was worth the price, its obviously expensive, but much thinner than mono... but people told me that there was a different way to set the hook with flurocarbon lines then mono lines... well i just wanted yalls opinion on if its worth the price or not!

2. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    I use it on a couple of rods it is expensive but I find it on sale all the time. I also highly recommened it This line is really tough.

3. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    if you can find it cheap get it... its a pretty strong line...never had a fish break it but then again ive never caught a biggun :shame:

4. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I always use power pro when going with anything other than mono, it is just a good line and I have never had problem with it.

5. cathouse

cathouse New Member

State:
    NY
    i have a couple of reels with fireline on them that has been on them for years literrally and i don't see any reason yet to change it , it faded from smoke gray to nearly white but no signs of any other physical changes , the only reason i stopped buying fire line was to try power pro which also has been trouble free , so i cant compare the too since niether has given me any trouble to mention that was'nt cuased by operator error .

6. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    I don't like Fireline, but I think it's more because I used it wrong when I first used it. I was using closed-face reels back then and it would dig in and catch horribly. Also have to watch your knots (same as any braided) as a lot of knots won't hold in braided since it's "slicker" than mono. If you do switch, learn how to tie a palomar if you don't know already. That said, I switched to PowerPro and I love it. It's all I have on my reels now.