An ex-coworker used to say that when a repair job didn't go easy, then it was time to resort to fire and violence. I pulled the hubs off the boat trailer again this weekend, and with the help of a little propane torch, the old races (which I left in last week) came out fairly easily. Heating the hubs really made a big difference. It was actually harder to get the new races back in than it was removing the old ones, especially since I didn't want to damage the new ones. Then I found the perfect tool! I went to my workbench to look for something that I could use to pound the new races down into the hubs, and I spotted my old 1 7/8 trailer hitch ball. It was perfect! (for my 1 1/16 bearing races - you would need a different size hitch for a diff size bearing, I guess). The round hitch ball fit perfectly inside the race, and I could then tap (bang) on the bolt end to seat the races.