Finished my blue gill trap

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Flatheadhunter33, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Well...I didnt get to go fishing this weekend but I was able to get some things done around that house. In addition to some things on the wife's honey do list, I also finally got off my butt and built my dog an enclosure. Hopefully it will keep him out of trouble and keep him from digging. I layered the ground with fencing material then I covered in approx 2 inches of dirt. I think that it came out pretty good thanks to my fishing buddy Chris. I gotta tell you all, this guy is a true fishing buddy. Since I couldnt go out this weekend, he came over and helped me build the pen.

Also, finally built my blue gill trap:big_smile_2:!!! I wont even attempt to take credit for this. I got the idea from the BOC library. Here is the link for anyone wanting the instructions. http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38891 It took me quite a while to do one and I still have the material for the 2nd one. It kicked my butt pretty good! Now I just gotta figure out to use it:smile2:.

Attached Files:

2. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    Trap and dog lot both look good. You have a good friend to help you out like that. :big_smile:

Thanks
    David

3. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Looks like you did a good job Dameon. Let us know how well it works for you.

:big_smile:

4. rosscatman

rosscatman Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Hey Dameon The dog enclosure and Gill trap looks great.

5. Stubby

Stubby New Member

State:
    Kansas, Ar
    I'd say that a guy that keeps his dog pen looking that good deserves my reps and friendship!!!

6. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Looks like a good way to get bait. I know it will give you more time to catfish.

7. txthumper1691

txthumper1691 New Member

State:
    Temple, Tx.
    looks great. be sure to keep us informed on how well th trap works, am thinkin of buildin one or more myself, specially if it works. thanks for sharing.

8. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    looks good ,did u get the honey do list done ?

9. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    nice job on both, that's a big boy in that pen !!!!!

10. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I made a nice dent in it:smile2:. I still have some other projects to do but the ones I got done should buy me some time on the water:smile2::smile2:.

11. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Nice looking trap! I'm sure you will get a lot of use from it.

12. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    The instructions actually tell you how to build two from one roll of hardware cloth. I still have to build the other one. I just got tired of all the scratches and cuts:roll_eyes:.

13. MVFB52

MVFB52 New Member

State:
    Mt. Vernon, Iowa
    planning on building one this spring myself. Looks great and thanks for the pics!

14. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    hey daemon, if you want gills just let me know. i can go out and get you as many as you need. i might not catch all of the cats in the worls but i have no problem catching gills. :wink:

15. SSgt Fishslayer

State:
    south carolina
    hey Dameon. i went out yesterday and tried to catch some cats. no luck all i got were a couple of gills and some small largemouth. am heading to phoenix this coming weekend, got to go swap some reels out at BPS. want me to pick you up anything while i am there?

16. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I may just have to take you up on that one! Im gonna try out the trap possibly today if i can find a good spot to drop it off on my way back to the foothills. If I do, then I'll go and check it tomorrow. I'm just hoping that no one steals it...

As for the BPS offer, that place is a little too rich for my blood:smile2:. Thanks anyway!

17. SSgt Fishslayer

State:
    south carolina
    no problem. let me know how the trap works. you can always go drop it in fortuna pond. :wink:

18. ldw45

ldw45 Member

State:
    Illinois
    Good looking trap..... what do you plan to bait it with?

19. mariofish

mariofish New Member

State:
    wv
    nice trap:wink: