finely found time to get out 8-5-09,oh man!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by catfishfearme, Aug 6, 2009.

1. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    got the time to go,but it was at the last min:crazy:well i only had 4 live gills in my live well:angry:, so i grabbed my frozen bags of cut bait out of my deep freezer, so i had gills,chubs,and 4 suckers, and my live bait,as i was packing up the truck i found some stink bait i got from some dam where and dragged it with me. well i got to the lake( deer creek) got to my spot and put one out with cut gill head 5'deep ,and riged my other rod with some of that stink bait(premo blood super sticky dip bait,blood) on bottom, and after about 45 mins i see my line go out and my bobber go down,and my clicker sounding off got it and set the hook on a 4lb channel on cut gill,:0a13: then 15mins later my other clicker went off,just a dam drive by :angry: so i put on more cut gill on one stick and try a dif stink bait on the other this time it was (danny kings catfish punch bait, blood) well tryed that, not a thing,so now its about time for them to feed so i get my live gill and rig him up 3' deep and toss him out there, and the other rod i try(lucky 7 blood bait ) well 2 hrs later the click screams getting me WHILE i was off in my own lil world so i jump up out of my chair ripping my phone off my side, run into my fishing bag then the strap raped around my foot stoping me, then i kick a extra rod holder i had laying there right in to the rod that was screaming and laying on the ground and yes it just had to get in to the line and hold me up even more plus its dark out,well after ALL THAT i get the fish channel 1 1/2 lbs:beat_brick::cry::0a28::0a4::0a6::0a9::embarrassed_2: i packed up and went home,hope i was the only one with a day like this,:wink: i was thinking it mite help if i shared my MISERY:smile2::smile2:

2. ec43146

ec43146 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Been there, done that.:confused2::smile2:

3. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    At least you got out were you at the dam or on the lake side? I have never had any luck at that lake or dam so I usually stay away from it unless invited by friend or BOC Bro.

4. Garrett Cope

Garrett Cope New Member

State:
    Columbus Ohio
    Welcome to my world Rich! Had alot of days/nights like that this summer so far. But all we can do is keep pluggin' man. The luck has gotta change. In fact i'm heading out right now to get some bait for later. Hope it picks up for you (and ME!).

5. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    i started below the dam, never have ing any luck there prove it self to be the same as allways ,so i tossed the gear in the back of the truck and hit the lake right above the dam ( faceing north, i was on the east side of the dam, or right side )

6. TheRiverRat

TheRiverRat New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    well look at it this way, at least you got some lines wet :wink:........RAT

7. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    I was fishing there about a month ago when a friend asked to meet him there and naturally I didnt catch anything either LOL. We were using worms, stink bait and old shrimp and I dont think any of us got a bite. I didnt stay very long since my youngest was acting up and going up that long trek to the parking lot up there was a pain especially if you dont have a light.

8. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Glad you got to go out Rich. A wet line is better then a dry one anytime. Fish on my friend!