Fine people at the B.O.C. Gathering.

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by CountryHart, May 17, 2009.

1. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I just wanted to commend the fine people i had the opportunity to meet, and reacquaint myself with at the gathering this weekend. Mj, Kutter, Baja, Skippie man, thanks to each of ya'll for coming and the part of your life you allowed me to share. MICHEAL JAKE!!!!! You the man brother, i can't thank you enuff for the trip, your a man of the water for sure. This guy knows his stuff and will bend over backwards to show and teach it to you everything he knows.( I had a tape recorder to Mike, didn't miss a word) He watched my arms turn to jelly with the current, and also seen the sheep dawg look on my face when the biggest fish i ever caught,,,swam away. No pics, no weights. Like i told him, thats fishin. I'll never forget the time we had Micheal and can never thank you enuff. By the way, this big fine Rusty made trophy looks really nice. I'll be glad when Cher gets back with that other can of pledge.
    Kutter i think my wife is in love with you and i'm willin to make a deal. Got any reels that WON"T fizzle out at crunch time?:wink: On a closing note, don't crappie fish against ED either, he's a human seign, dang crappie will go extinct if he keeps on. Had a blast fellows, thanks to each of ya.

Oh yhea, Skipp your trophy looks nice, quit spit shinin that fancy CattsAzz and you'll soon be in possession of one.:smile2::smile2::smile2:

2. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    Ed's a beast for sure. He went on a tear yanking in the keeper crappie yesterday and Phil and I kept getting all the dinks.

Nice meeting you CountryHart. Looks like you were the right man for the turkey call also after seeing your avatar. I sure could have used a nice box call to add to my empty pocket in my turkey vest. :wink:

Congrats on the big fish of the weekend. That's one fine piece of craftsmanship that you brought home.

3. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Seth, my apologies to NOT giving recognition to you and Phil also. I fished till almost daylite knowing my dink wasn't gonna make the team. Still up and suffering from sleep deprivation. Good to meet ya brother, it was a hoot of a weekend.

4. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    If you gonna trade me off for a dern reel make it a damn good one would ya. Make it 2. I know I'm worth that!

I don't blame ya though...if I could find a better deal I'd take it too :smile2::smile2::smile2::tounge_out:

5. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    John i think you should of asked for a higher price , i wanted to quote u both couldn,t get it to work ;

whats it goig to cost u now to get out of that hole u dug for your self :wink:

6. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Yeah, me thinks ole John might be buying a new car or perhaps a diamond necklace in the not too distant future. :wink::smile2: John, if you are on a big job maybe you can get enough lumber for a good sized doghouse. :wink::smile2:

7. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Cher, your lookin at this all wrong. See, if I were to take John up on his offer, you'd be headin this way and leavin that poor ol thing there. Why ya want to leave him there with some big fancy reel? Let's leave um a rusted up ol Zebco 33.:wink:

Linda says she's always needed a wife, some one to do the cookin, cleanin an such.:eek:oooh::crazy:

8. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    :smile2::smile2::smile2:

Yeah he needs something to cover the one that let him down Saturday, You right, a Zebco will be JUST fine! HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

:tounge_out::tounge_out::tounge_out:

9. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Sounds like I sure missed a great time. Sorry I missed the gathering. Lord knows I wanted to be there, but alas I had to work. :sad2: Thanks for sharing the stories with us. Perhaps I'll get to see most everyone again at the East/West Shootout.

10. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    Cuz you are another brother that I hope to meet someday, sometime. I told John if I could find a job up there? I'd move! We just love it up in that area. Fishing and Hunting is great, wondeful people...

Maybe someday!

11. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.
    I live up here and cant find a job---Good luck

12. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Yea, but Jer, CuzICan has Skilz. :smile2::smile2::wink: Just face it, your destined to be Boat Boy which is ok by me. Just keep the air conditioned yacht close to where we are fishing so we can pop in for some AC and a cold one when we need it. :wink:

13. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    One Word Cher.{ RETIRE}:big_smile:

14. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    I don't think she can do that for at least 20 more years.

15. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Yeah she can Kutter all she has to do is win the lottery.If like me got to play it first.

16. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    I aint against it, just never bought a single lottery ticket or whatever they are called. Never bought a single scratch off thingy either. Never liked the odds.

Hard lesson a lot of folks never learn their entire life:
    You aint gonna win the lottery.
    You aint gonna have no rich relative die an leave you their fortune.
    You are never going to have your "ship come in".
    You are never gonna get anything without getting off your ass an earning it!
    Quicker these lessons are learned, the better.

17. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Tom, I just dont know how you maintain that optimistic outlook. Amazing. :smile2:

18. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    TOM is right i ben waiting on my rich uncle to get outa the poor house and leave me a bundle butt hole is still poor lol:eek:oooh::crazy::angry:

19. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    I think he's selling you short. Shoot trade you for an old reel. Bet he would be trying to trade a rod & Reel, Boat, Turkey Gun and the whole shooting match to get you back. LOL
    So he better just keep you, and buy a reel. :smile2:
    Pete

20. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri

Your right Pete. Sorta like my old boat, i got way more in her than i could ever get out.:smile2::smile2::smile2: