Findley Lake

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by ranman92, Apr 16, 2008.

1. ranman92

ranman92 New Member

State:
    OHIO
    Hey I have a tourney there with NEOCATS this week hope to see some of you out there. I also figured I'll try and use this site to my advantage and just ask any1 if they have a suggested hot spot at Findley. I have caught some nice cats there over by the dam I suppose that is a good place to fish this time of the year since the cats all swim upstream, but if any1 else has any other suggetions of hot spots let me know. I ask any question I can on this site to try and help me catch fish in any situation thanks for the feedback and the BOC RULES!!!!!!!!!!!

2. ranman92

ranman92 New Member

State:
    OHIO
    I have to say I'm surprised I got no replies. Either nobody fishes Findley or nobody likes to give out spots either way I probably won't ask for anyone to tell good fishing spots on here anymore. Oh well still a ton of very useful info on this site. Here is a question maybe some1 will answer, When you drift can you still use a carolina rig or do you all use bobbers. I caught a couple nice channels last year drifting with my sinker on the bottom but on here everywhere I read it seems every1 says they use bobbers. Honestly I never even tried drifting til last year and it worked decently well but I stuck with the same rig I use when I'm anchored. Just wondering THANKS

3. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hey I have never fished that lake before but good luck in the tournament hopefully you can catch you some nice fish, keep us posted and let us know how the tourny goes and how you did.

4. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Good point Matt, I dont even know where this lake is but I do wish you luck in the tourny

5. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Randy, Sorry I didn't give you a reply, but I don't know any spots in Findley. I fished there for about an hour last week but spent most of my time talking with the park ranger about the tournament. I do know if it rains much, it will get muddy fast.

6. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    try the n.e. side gottu have a boat thyrs a cement structure ull see it fish near that and on the south side theres an inlet creek but its a little shawlower there. use to fish it yrs. ago. be ready for a long hike from th boat dock to th parkin lot.:big_smile::cool2:

7. camden_blumenschein

camden_blumenschein New Member

State:
    Ohio
    After saturday's tournament I think there may not be any good spots, that is if you like getting down poured on. Hopefully we'll see you at Atwood.

8. ranman92

ranman92 New Member

State:
    OHIO
    I was skunked I didn't catch any fish. There were 33 teams in the tourney and only 11 teams caught any fish, but 1st place paid over 630 dollars. I really don't know what it is with catfishing early in the year for me. Until I started fishing the Neocats circuit I didn't start catfishing hard until June and the last 2 years of Neocats remind me why. Last year I don't think I caught any cats until the 3rd or 4th tourney and then my team place in some money in a couple of tourneys and just outside the money numerous times. But early in the year I just don't have the skills other people do plus the water temp was over 50 degrees so I just don't understand it. Also I fished over there before and caught some nice cats but not last night. Oh well it was just GREAT to be back on the water. It rained more last night than in any tournament the etire previous year, and Jeff did a hell of a job running the show as always. Also great door prizes and I was fortunate enough to win a cast net that some1 told me they had just bought 1 just like it and it cost 70 dollars. So I more than got my moneys worth.

9. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    I'm glad you had a good time Randy. Man did it rain Saturday night. It actually rained more during the tournament than it did in all 13 tournaments from 2007 put together. It was more like scattered pauses than scattered showers. At least the thunderstorms missed us.

10. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    you sound you had fun anyway rick