Finding time

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Creteus, Dec 28, 2006.

1. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    I don't know about the rest of you but this year i had only went fishing twice. Once at the Georgia Gathering and once on the beach. Whats the secret of working full time, keeping the house from falling apart, raising the kids and still finding time for yourself. After looking back on the past year and seen all the things i didn't do, well, whos got the winning lottery numbers:tounge_out:

2. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Excellent question! This past year I've only been fishing a few times. I also work full time, plus 15-20 hours per week coaching, plus 5-10 hours a week at a side business, plus taking care of 2 puppies, plus keeping up the new house, and most important - keeping my wife happy. If anyone has answers, please share!!!

3. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    I know it is hard to find time to do all the things that need to be done, it is so easy to put personal time on the back burner. Many years ago I had to make a decision which impact my life, letting life stress kill me or make time for my self on a regular basis. I make one day or at least part of a day for myself and my family, I take my kids fishing and hunting, My wife and i take one weekend a month just for us no kids, I also get involved in my kids hobbies and friends, Now that my kids are older daughter 17 and son 13 they want me to hang back and let them to become their own person. and I'm finding that i have more time for myself and wife, and my wife is persueing her graduate studies which gives me even more time so I have a real problem, all this time and no one to spend it with. I find it hard to go out by myself alone, so I find myself spending time just hanging with my wife doing things around the house just to waste time and be with my family. the circle continues .

4. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Hey, It's tough as all hell to find time to do everything you want to do but I just sometimes say "We are going fishing" and no one objects as my kids all enjoy the sport!!! Gotta get out on the water!:cool2:

5. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Several options here. Depending on the age of the kids,get em involved. Always somethin to do at home. Well, if it ain't broke don't fix it. Did that wall really have to be moved? Just what was wrong with the bathroom that made ya decide it needed changein. Organize and plan your attack when it comes to gettin things done around the house and then execute. Some folks may be livein beyond their means causin them to work extra jobs and hours just to keep the man off their backs. Get the bills cleaned up and stay within budget. I'll stop now. LOL!

6. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    As long as the bills are paid, and the grass is mowed, my girl don't care when I go fishing. I try to put limits on it myself otherwise I would be gone 2 nights a week. I may run up to the lake 2 or 3 times a month for a few hours, but only once a month do I pull an all nighter, and really fish. You just gotta reign her in. Let her know that she and the kids are MORE THAN WELCOME

7. whitewhiskers

whitewhiskers New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    my plan "A" is to work my tail off for a couple months n then take a couple months off to catch up.its workin fairly good, it gets old gittin up n puttin on them steel toes every mornin at 330 am 7 days a week but then when i'm home i have plenty of time to play with the kids n toy's. when i'm outa town i tryin park my camper at a good fishin spot to have a little fun when i get off n it helps me stay out of the bar's n blowin money. its not perfect but its not bad.

8. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    You have to make time. Put a date on the calendar and when that date comes up go! Treat it like a doc appointment etc. but fishing is alot more fun!
    Bill

9. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    I have set aside one night a week to get together with my son and some of our friends and fish all night. Kinda like a boys night out, or a bowling night. We got together and decided with our work schedules that tuesday night was the best for us, now every tuesday night no matter whats going on we all head to the lake, kick back relax and fish all night. It's not only a night to fish but a night to forget and not worry about thats wall that needs moving, the bathroom that needs remodeling, or anything else that may be causing stress, or taking up all your spare time.