Finding The Right Spot

Discussion in 'Blue Catfishing' started by sem21, Mar 19, 2006.

1. sem21

sem21 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Where Would Be The Right Spot To Fish At A River For Blues And Flats? Would It Be By Log Jams Or An Old Fallen In Bridge And Mybe Where A Creek Runs Into The River? I Think Those Are The Best For Me! How About Yall?

2. photocat

photocat New Member

State:
    HOCO, Maryland
    Go with the old standby... shallow w/ deep drop offs close... The most structure the better for flats, blues seem to just like the drop offs and open water...

3. playinghooky

playinghooky New Member

State:
    north carolina
    i have cought most my blues on the edge of deep holes at night

4. TXBlueHunter

TXBlueHunter New Member

State:
    Flower Mound, Texas
    Chuck

Sounds like your have the right spots. Like everyone stated the fish the log jams for the flats and the drops for blues. At night you should be able to land both in shallow water if the water temps are warming up.

5. Abu65

Abu65 Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Dont forget to suspend some baits in the water column for the bluea, there not always on the bottom.

6. rebhog

rebhog New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Try everthing until you find something that works for you. Everyone will have a different method to catching cats.

7. Bigmagic

Bigmagic New Member

State:
    Edwards Missouri
    Chuck stop now before you get hooked on this sport!:eek:h: As of yet there is no known patch or treatment that can cure this addiction! But if your bound and determined to continue the old "riffle,hole,run" isn't a bad place to start. If you take a gander around the site we have a lot of information on everything related to catfishing. There is almost nothing you can ask that hasn't been asked and answered before. Feel free to ask again because we like sharing information here. Just don't ask for GPS co-ordinates! Good luck and See ya on the water!
    :0a23: