Finding flathead catfish

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by KSflatheadKING3511, Apr 10, 2007.

1. KSflatheadKING3511

KSflatheadKING3511 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    theres a resivor with good flatties in it(beleive me, the scars on my hand tell the story lol) about an hour from my home in Kansas City. i always crappie fish there and catch som nice crappie. recently the marina manager added some falled trees and tied them to the dockwith yellow string to mark where each tree was(the water is about 10-20ft deep). this si crappie heaven and therres a fish cleaning station right over an area of recetly added trees. does this sound like a good place to float a bluegill around for flatheads during the daytime?

Rayn

2. ohio catfisherman

ohio catfisherman New Member

State:
    Ohio
    sounds like there just might be a flatty lurking around good luck

3. Timber Cat

Timber Cat New Member

State:
    Penderlea NC
    I have been droppin my bream to the bottom with a 2-3oz sinker and my hook up above it about 10".I use this on a three way swivel of course:wink:.And I ride the rivers here at home looking for logs pilled up in bends and somewhat deep holes.been thinkin about trying one under a float too.I would give it a try.probably will surprise you what you hook up with there.Good luck!

Timber Cat

4. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    Crappie under a float wouldn't hurt either since it sounds that's a lot of their food source....if it's legal anyway. I've never used them, so I couldn't tell ya if it was or not.

-Red

5. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Absolutely, try it - don't forget though you are much more likely to get one at night.

6. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I would try it, it sounds like a good spot.

7. jason berry

jason berry New Member

State:
    Evansville
    Sounds like an awesome spot. If there are flatheads in somewhere there are crappie I usually have good luck with both of them. You got all that live bait around that cover and that attracts both fish.