Finding Blue catfish on the Potomac River

Discussion in 'MARYLAND RIVER TALK' started by Nate_Evans, Jul 12, 2006.

1. Nate_Evans

Nate_Evans New Member

State:
    Stafford, VA
    Hello all, I'm new to the forum and have already found alot of good information. I recently aquired a boat and have been fishing the Potomac from MCB Quantico and have had good success catching decent channel cats, but want to catch some blue cats. Does anybody know of any good spot for them around Quantico (VA or MD side of the river)? What kind of structure should I be looking for on the Potomac? I'm used to fishing rivers that have tributary creeks with relatively deep channels and drop-offs (which are killer during the tide), but can't seem to find this type structure in the Potomac. Thanks for the help.

Nate

2. Eithne

Eithne New Member

State:
    OK
    Welcome to BOC Nate!

I've not yet had the chance to fish the Potomac yet, but I know there are members who have, including one of our sponsors, Tim Hagan, who guides on the Potomac River.

I'd encourage you to get an avatar up and enter to win a chance to go on a guided trip with Tim. It's a great opportunity to get involved and maybe find some new areas to fish.

If you need any help getting an avatar up or have any questions about the board, please don't hesitate to ask.

Good luck with your new boat and enjoy the site!