Finches!!!!

Discussion in 'Small Game Hunting' started by fishn_maniac, Feb 12, 2006.

1. fishn_maniac

fishn_maniac New Member

State:
    Al
    I have these little birds that come around in my backyard,and I looked them up and they are called finches.Are these birds illegal to shoot with an airgun, any help will be great.Thank You

2. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Yep,Finches are illegal to shoot.Fact is,it;s a federal case.In most places,only introduced species are legal.Check with your fish and game department.Good hunting,peewee-williams

3. Rockjumper

Rockjumper New Member

State:
    Parker,Pennsylvania
    If you shoot them, don't complain this summer when a skeeter bites you!!! They eat alot of bugs.

4. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    If you buy a finch feeder sock at a local store, and get them to eat from it, come spring the males will change to yellow, blue or red and brown. Which type to you have? You can just buy thistle seed and pour it in an old knee hi hose and feed them that way, too.

Take care and please don't shoot the finches.:crying:

5. GrainDrain

GrainDrain New Member

State:
    Texas
    Texas law only allows you to remove their nest if they are causing a disturbance. A friend of mines grandfather bought like 30 one time and released them at his lake house to eat all the mosquitoes.

6. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    I agree, I like watching and listening to them plus they eat mosquitoes, I wouldn't shoot them.

7. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    There are so many laws out there. Be carefull even when feeding them. In Illinois, it's illegal to set out thistle for feed. Thistle is considdered a noxious weed in some states.

8. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    why would you want to shoot them anyway? i am a firm beleiver if you ain't gonna eat don't kill it (unless it's a snake)......

9. joesf

joesf New Member

State:
    Bloomington IL
    I don't understand why you would want to shoot Finches. With all of the garbage birds we have around here like European Starlings, Grackles, and Sparrows you could select some of those to kill.

10. Chanellocked

Chanellocked New Member

State:
    Lake St. Louis, MO
    you want finches and martins around, you'll have alot less skeeters in the summer:thumbsup:

11. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    theres is no reason to be killing song birds "no reason"........