Finally.....

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by whisker maniac, Jun 9, 2008.

1. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Finally worked off this morning and will be off all week. Got some things to do around the house. Change oil in mower, sharpen blades, mow, etc etc etc. but, am planning to get out by Wed. or Thursday and spend the whole weekend running lines. I got alot of different baits stored up or leftover from short trips so I think I will have plenty already and won't need to gather anything.

I think I'm gonna go to the small lake that I usually fish. I have heard that they stocked it recently with eatable size cats.

Wish me luck.

2. cassk

cassk New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Sounds like you are ready for a few good fishing days. Hope you catch a bunch, be safe and have fun. As for me I'm still trying for that next big one to come along, I'll be glad to get back to regular fishing. lol
    You and your fam havea great week, TC

3. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Good luck Kevin, hope ya tear them up :cool2:.

4. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    kevin lay off the soap and use some 3 to 4 inch perch and i guarantee your catch will improve.:smile2:

5. whisker maniac

State:
    arkansas
    Aw c'mon Johnnie you know we got them cussing catfish and I got to wash their mouths out with soap..:wink::smile2:

6. whisker maniac

State:
    arkansas
    Well didn't get to leave yesterday. Got everything packed and ready and started loading the boat and truck. Got the boat loaded in the truck and pulled it around to the house to load the rest of my stuff. Went back inside to gather some of my stuff and load it in the truck. When I got back out to my truck I found I had a flat on the rear wheel of my truck. Must of run over something when I loaded my boat.

With the boat already loaded I had to crawl under the truck to lower the spare. I got my jack and tools out of the truck and found that since the wheels had been changed on my truck the lug nut wrench didn't fit the lugs. I went and found some older lug nut wrenches that I had and tried them but none of them would fit and one of them was broken. I got into my tools and got a deep socket and a brake over bar and finally got the lugs loosened.
    To cut a long story short by the time I got everything done and got my spare on It was getting a little late or at least too late to where I wouldn't have time to go and set up my camp and get any lines out before dark so I decided to postpone my trip until this morning. I am in the process of getting ready to go now and will be gone thru most of Sunday morning. I'll give a report when I get back.

See all of you then.
    Kev