Finally

Discussion in 'Art Appreciation' started by catfishingRon, Mar 2, 2007.

1. catfishingRon

catfishingRon New Member

State:
    Earlville, IL
    I finally got time this week to work on a few pics:smile2: . As some might know I am taking a Black And White photography class. Well everytime I take pictures with my 35mm I then take the same pics with my digital to see how they might turn out:roll_eyes: . Today I spent almost 2hrs:crazy: working on some pictures just to find out when I was done developing that I didnt wind the camera right and lost the whole roll of film. I was :choler: at first then a little:embarassed: but got over it and did it all again tonite:big_smile: .

Here is two that I took and did a littel work on. I hope you enjoy!!

Attached Files:

2. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Ron,
    I like the picture. Did you try one stopping down the aperture and increasing exposure to get a bit more depth of field. If that front medal was a bit sharper the pic would be even better (IMHO!).
    Keep it up, B+W is cool...W

3. catfishingRon

catfishingRon New Member

State:
    Earlville, IL
    Yes I was changing the aperture to change the pictures. I have one that is sharp but not the best setup. I also have some where the front is sharp and the back is more blurred. It amazes me what a little change in settings will do to a picture.

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    So what do the medals represent. I recognize one. The "IBB" ribbon. I've been to basic.

5. catfishingRon

catfishingRon New Member

State:
    Earlville, IL
    The medals are as follows: expert rifle. humanitarian, national defense, expeditionary medal, and good conduct. I also have a achievement medal but cannot find it.

I let my kids look at them and take them to school and then it takes me a few weeks to get them back. I was going to use my ribbons but couldn't find them. I have the kids looking.

6. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Very nice work! My dad had a dark room and I loved working in there.
    It has got to the point I like black and white better. The contrasts are so cooler:cool2:
    Bill

7. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Very nice photos. Thanks for sharing them.