Finally...

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Mr.T, Oct 2, 2005.

1. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    Went fishing at G14 again on Friday evening and finally managed to catch a couple of fish. Caught 3 of them including the two in the picture below in about 20 minutes time, then not another bite for the next 4 hours. The big one was 9 lbs; the smaller one was 3 lbs. Threw back one that was about a pound.

We were drifting just to the southeast of G14, paralleling the shoreline in 10 to 25 ft of water. Think we might be getting the handle on using the fish finder, as I saw a good school of shad near the bottom plus several fish on the bottom about 2 minutes before I got the big fish - and that's about how long it took for the line to drift over that same area.

Maybe not a 40 lb monster, I know, but it sure beats coming home empty handed... :rolleyes:

2. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Nice fish T. WTG man!!!

3. dademoss

dademoss Member

State:
    Ohio
    Nice Fish, congratulations on the catch!

4. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    Nice fish!! I noticed you have them on a rope stringer. I make dropper loops as I catch the fish and thread it through there gill and run the main line though the loop so the fish can swim a bit and not be all stacked up. Just a tip.

5. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    good job mr t well have to get together one of these days down there

6. NoCat2Big

NoCat2Big New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo
    Nice fish and I agree, something is always better than nothing.