Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After months of planning,countless gear checks,packing and re-packing,and a ridiculous amount of needless money spent, my 4 day yellow cat fishing trip is finally here! Ill be launching my canoe in the morning with the hopes of catching some hawgs(yellow cats to you okies). Just hope the weather cooperates and i dont get rained on, but....who cares ill be fishing! Ill gives yall a report and pics when i get in.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had to cut the trip short,3"of rain 2 days prior to starting my trip had the river really running,had to use 11oz of no roll sinkers in the slack water cause 8oz would roll. Most of the bank was flooded so i couldnt really land my canoe in the more desireable spots. On a bright note,did catch a 4ft long spotted gar so at least i didnt get skunked. Hopefully the pics come out.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Aaron -
Nice to read your post. I grew up in the Hill Country, fishing the Guadalupe from 1st grade on. Ended up in Virginia (Navy, long story) and now live on the James River in Richmond. The bluecatfish capital of the world! Still miss Texas though. Good luck on your next trip. If any of you Texan brethern find your way to Richmond let me know, we'll go fishing.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I had to cut the trip short,3"of rain 2 days prior to starting my trip had the river really running,had to use 11oz of no roll sinkers in the slack water cause 8oz would roll. Most of the bank was flooded so i couldnt really land my canoe in the more desireable spots. On a bright note,did catch a 4ft long spotted gar so at least i didnt get skunked. Hopefully the pics come out.
Sorry to hear about the trip ending up that way. I sure do miss those hill country rivers. They are really somethin when they get to rolling.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.