Finally!

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by barbel, Aug 30, 2005.

1. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    As some of you may know, I have pretty much been getting skunked every time I go catfishing, which isnt very often, since I have to be cheuferred places. Tonight I decided to take a chance and fish the outside bend of this 20 foot wide creek by my house, since there is no other place that is possible to catch cats that I can walk to. EIGHT POUND CATFISH out of this little 120 yard x 20 foot stretch of creek, that was no more than 5-7 feet deep. I have to mail In-Fisherman and thank them for the idea. And it also turns out to be a prime bullhead spot, so I am thinking, "BAIT"! First bullheads I have ever caught, by the way. Tight lines everyone.

Travis.

2. Sentry Dog Man

Sentry Dog Man New Member

State:
    TN
    Congrats, Barbel,

I have not caught a "cat" since I restarted catfishing again, about 2 months ago. So, I know all about the "skunked" feeling. Keep working that creek, who knows what else may show up. You may have found a real hot spot.

3. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    Went back out again tonight, and caught a 2-4 pound channel cat, and a little yellow bullhead. Thanks for everyones support.

4. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    You gotta have patience. Looks like it's paying off!

5. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Barbel,

"Way To Go"!

"Just Keep At It"! :006:

It sounds like you have a good thing going. :D

Take It Easy,
    Bert :cool:

6. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    You all should come fishing with me everyone around me catches and I might get a couple of nibbles LOL. I have been trying just about every weekend now and usually get nothing or a little one. Not to worry tho we will get em soon.

7. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Good Job Barbel!

8. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    Congrats Barbel!! Learning from the in-fisherman or BOC will always pay off.

9. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    Had been dead around here also, but last Sunday afternoon, got one 4 lb, channel and again on Wed. afternoon a 4 lb. channel. Water is starting to cool down so I am hoping they are starting to run. Congrats Barbel

10. Sentry Dog Man

State:
    TN
    Hey Barbel,

Did you take any pix of those fish?? If so, please post them.

11. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    Actually, I did happen to get a couple of pictures. I will need to edit my face though, because I am insecure about the internet, lol. I am the most paranoid person you can find on it.

12. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    Stupid editing rule. Anyways, I finally got them up. Haha, my brother botched the picture of my beautiful channel cat, but I requisition the flathead pictures from my camera too, which arent too bad, actually. The links are below, because the pictures were too big to put on here. I decided not to doctor my face, actually. Congratulations. You know I am fat now, lol.

Flatheads:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/1_dollar/sideview_hold_edit.jpg

Channel cat:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/1_dollar/channelcat_stringer1.jpg

13. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey barbel,

"Those are so nice looking cats"! :0a5:

And just think about this - :confused: - There's are somemore cats in there that are bigger than that - so "Go out there and get them"! - lol :happy:

You Take It Easy,
    Bert :cool:

14. Sentry Dog Man

State:
    TN
    Hi Travis,

Thanks for posting those pix. I really liked the one of you and the flathead. Are you sure you caught that on rod and reel? :) As wet as you were, I bet you were "grabblin" and could not figure out who caught who :grin-big:

Way to go, Travis. Great fish :thumbsup:

15. magicman22

magicman22 New Member

Nice looking fish!! Congratulations!!

Hope you luck keeps you reeling in more!

16. playinghooky

playinghooky New Member

State:
    north carolina
    what kind of bait did you use

17. vacatfish

vacatfish New Member

State:
    bedford virginia
    Congrats on th nice fish brother. and thank you fr posting the photos.

18. steveg442

steveg442 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Since the weather broke here fishing has really improved. I could wait to use all the information I've learned here while fishing was slow. I made it to my favorite lake over the weekend and basically put on a fishing display for others to watch. I looked like an octopus trying to keep up with my rods and bites. I had a great time and wanted to just say thanks for the help. Be patient. They will come.

19. nuthinlikeacat

nuthinlikeacat New Member

State:
    Eden Prairie, Minnesota
    Patience is the key word. I primarilly fish from shore so patience is a must. I have easily spent hours (15-20) per week without gettting a run. But when I get one.... :D

20. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Nice fish barbel. Look like u got a good little honey hole.