finally

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by tallmanrus, Mar 9, 2009.

1. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Well carried the girls to hotsprings for the weekend . A trip much needed to get away from all the stress of work and just a weekend away with the girls. Well of course the first stop was the mall for a little shopping for the girls ,and then we met up with chrisb and met his family , real good people . Chris then carried us down to lake degray to see if we could lip some croppie , and man the bad luck was broken . I got the honor of seeing my daughter catch her a real nice croppie ,and of course that made my weekend ,Chris and i continued to fish into the later part of the night and ended up with 22 real nice croppie . Regina ,Ashley ,and i got a motel and had a real much needed rest and then got up the next morning and went back to degray for some sightseeing around the park. The park attendants have been doing some cleaning and rebuilding of the park grounds and really got it looking good . (So yall dont miss the degray gathering .)We then headed home for the end of our weekend . It was a much needed trip to get away ,the croppie was just a bonus .

Attached Files:

2. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    were yall jigging or minnows. those are some nice crappie.

3. cassk

cassk New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Robert, glad you all had a good weekend. TY for the report on Degray, sounds awsome, can't wait to get there and see everyone!!! OH YEH and congrats on some really nice lookin crappie. :tounge_out:
    Cassk

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like a great trip. Congrats and good luck in the future

5. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    thanks all. billy we were useing plain hooks and the small pink minnows. the croppie wouldnt hit the larger minnows. just the small pink ones. And every croppie was FULL of eggs .

6. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Nice looking mess of fish

7. CntryCrazy

CntryCrazy New Member

State:
    Pine Bluff, Arkansas
    That's a nice mess of fish. I see you found them up there before I did. Thing I like is didn't have to put the boat in the water to catch them. Next you go up there, have Chris take you out on the lake and fish around the cliffs and rock wall. That whole lake is gorgeous. I would love to live up there. Those fish aren't far from spawning. Would like to find a cove with shallow water and see how those crappie do. Catfish aren't far behind. See ya later and enjoy that Graveyard shift.

8. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    nice batch of crappie Tall.. Way to go.. I'm ready for a good weekend get a way myself..

Can't wait to see everyone at De Gray for the Gathering.

9. CntryCrazy

CntryCrazy New Member

State:
    Pine Bluff, Arkansas
    Same here Kevin, looking forward myself to meeting everyone in May. From what I've seen of Lake Degray it should be a blast. That lake is so clean and it is A BEAUTIFUL PARK. They have really done a nice job around there. Wish that lake was in my backyard.

10. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    It is always extra nice when you have a bit of family time & fishing time combo! LOL Glad you got out. I have been shut up for a while now work work work
    Hopefully this werid weather will stop changing before too long and I will have time to fish! BOY! When is the fish fry?

11. chrisb

chrisb New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    hey man we have been having a blast since you left we caught 90 crappie the naxt night and 80 the night after well hit me up some time