Finally went hog hunting!!!

Discussion in 'Hog Hunting' started by renji2476, Sep 9, 2008.

1. renji2476

renji2476 New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    Well I finally went hog hunting with a bow and I you know what? :confused2: I didn't even get to shoot one!!! But boy was I seeing some nice hogs just couldn't get in close enough to shoot one!! :angry::sad2::angry: There was one time that I thought that I was going to be some hog's dinner but the Oinker never came out!!(PHEW!!) I gotta admit I was a little worried there for a second but I stood my ground... I had a blast and I was able to share a special moment with my 19 year old cousin. He was able to shoot his first hog!!! It weighed about 250# and was HUGE!! :eek:oooh::crazy::eek:oooh: He had never been hunting for anything other than rabbits and squirles and to take him on his first real hunt... Now that was definitely something that we will both remember!! Thanks for all the advise that you all gave me I am definitely going to go at it again as soon as I can!! :wink::cool2:

2. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    glad you got to go. keep after it, you'll get one! what was your cousin shooting em with? any pics?

3. ga2oh

ga2oh New Member

State:
    ohio
    cograts on the first trip out to bad you didn't get one. just take some of your cuz meat:wink: you'll get one next time.

4. swampratt

swampratt Member

State:
    oklahoma
    good story ..
    congrats!!

5. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    That will be memories that you will never forget, and congrads on the kill

6. chrisb

chrisb New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    well glad to hear you had fun and better luck next time

7. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    It's addictive my friend, you got me wantin to get down that way and get me some porkers now...:smile2:

8. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Since Ive never been hunting, I have to imagine that, even though you didnt get one for yourself, like fishing, its still gotta be much better than your best day at work?!:wink:

9. Txbluecatman

Txbluecatman Member

State:
    Texas
    Great story and thanks for sharing. It took me awhile to get my first hog kill with my bow, but man when I did connect, what a feeling.

10. renji2476

renji2476 New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    It was definitely an addicting event!!! The time that I was standing in the middle of a natural "ground blind" and all that you hear is something BIG making noise in the leaves!!!:embarassed::eek:oooh::crazy: On top of that it was starting to get dark... My heart was about to jump out of my chest.... I felt like there were bees in my ears.... and just as I am ready to get me sum... nothing.:eek:oooh: But I'll tell you what. I would definitely, without a doubt, no hesitation, do it ALL OVER AGAIN!!! Man it was exhilarating!!!! Anyhow my Cousin shot this hog with a 30/30! Would you believe that after he hit it, it actually jumped up and ran about a good 25 to 30 yards into a tree line and that was being shot right behind the shoulder. He weighed in at a little over 250#. Man that was one strong boy!!! But let me hush up and show y'all some pics of the beast!!! Enjoy!!!!

Attached Files:

11. jodster

jodster New Member

State:
    texas
    Nice pig!!! It darn sure does make we want to go now!!! I've got a few, I've gotten so when I process the I just quarter them up a make a roast out of the quarters. THe following night the roast turn it to stew pretty easy!! Dam, I can almost taste it!!!!