FINALLY! thank you guys!!

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by gamaCatsu, Aug 2, 2009.

1. gamaCatsu

gamaCatsu New Member

State:
    NC
    all i can say is thank you!!! to everybody thats gave me advice on catching flatheads. about a week ago i joined and my first post was about advice needed and gear options.(http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1555877#post1555877)

i took it all in ...changed gear (line, hook sizes) and FINALLY produced some fish today without missing one!!

65# test and 10/0 gama circle's with fresh bream caught from my uncles pond.

not one fish was under 15lbs ..except the 8lb channel caught on chicken liver :):smile2: kept them alive for a final picture in a 150 gal rubber maid with a 350gph pump.

and what should have been my personal best went to my buddy john, while i was taking time out to relieve myself, he grabbed my rod and put this 40.2oz on the bank tonight!:roll_eyes:

once again thanks to every member that has given me advice to make me become a better catfish angler!! :wink:

*all fish were caught and released*

Attached Files:

2. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    congrats shane on the flatties

3. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Those are some nice fish Shane!

4. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    nice fish :big_smile:

5. gamaCatsu

gamaCatsu New Member

State:
    NC
    thanks guys! it was kinda slow the past two nights and for some reason this afternoon was HOT! we caught a total of 7 fish from 430pm-9ish

6. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

Nice flatties brother!Next time you gotta go,keep the rod in your other hand.:smile2:.

7. gamaCatsu

gamaCatsu New Member

State:
    NC
    haha i regret not takin that rod trust me..

8. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Real nice flatties, congrats. Stay safe and keep sticking 'em!!!:wink:

9. lookin_4_moby

lookin_4_moby New Member

State:
    Guthrie, OK
    heck yeah congrats bro those are some nice catches!!! looks like you had a good outing.

10. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Yep thats all it takes is a lil readin to catch tons of every species your after. Well thanks for sharing.. REPS to you.

11. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    good deal shane, nice fish.

12. cat6028

cat6028 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    to bad you missed your pb but you got some good fish there

13. gamaCatsu

gamaCatsu New Member

State:
    NC
    thanks...:smile2: theres always this comming weekend! :) we found a pretty good spot, they may be spawning or just finished spawning in our target area, but whatevers happening is causing them to bite alot.

14. CatHunterSteve

CatHunterSteve New Member

State:
    Snowville, Va
    Great job Shane! That's a monster, sounds like your luck is about like mine, alwas someone getting the big one when i should have been there! LOL REPs to you bro!

15. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Congrats - nice bunch of fish!

16. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    Congrats on your catches, they look awesome laying there for that picture! Good Luck on your next trip, hope you catch a new pb...

Thanks for sharing!

17. KATTERMAN

KATTERMAN New Member

State:
    OKLA
    that's a nice bunch of flats,on ur earler post about missing fish i figured it was gar i guess not makes me wonder the fish i been missing might be flats also,i want to go to bigger hooks myself but can'nt find any locale,guess i will have to order them,did u catch them in a river and if so,was it a deep hole or a drift or ect.. angain congrats,i usely fish by myself been expecting to have one drag my rod in while releving my self good luck on getting a big one

18. gamaCatsu

gamaCatsu New Member

State:
    NC
    thanks!

Roger, i fish a river here in nc. the water is around 5 ft so its kinda shallow, lots of cover and about 3-5 ft from the banks, theres also alot of rocks and a spot where the water speeds up a bit. if your looking for bigger hooks, i get mine from bass pro in the salt water section they have plenty of 6-12/0 circle hooks. or you can order some team catfish hooks they work good to.

19. KATTERMAN

KATTERMAN New Member

State:
    OKLA
    thank you shane,sounds alot like the river i fish a 10' hole is a deep hole i know there are nice flatheads in it i guess i am just not holding my mouth right

20. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Shane congrats on a truck load of flatheads. WTG.