Finally, something to report!!!

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by flattymatty, Nov 27, 2009.

1. flattymatty

flattymatty New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Managed to get out to Milford today and do a little shore fishing with Jim. Hooked my first blue and it weighed in at just under five pounds. Not a bad way to "pop a cherry". Jim caught a nice little channel and his buddy Ivan had a basket full of nice eater blues. All in all a good day. Thanks for meeting us out there Jim. Hope to see those pics soon. :big_smile:

2. GrandpaGoneFishing

GrandpaGoneFishing New Member

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    Sounds like a great day. Congrats on blue #1.

3. Circlehook Jester

Circlehook Jester New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Hey Matt! Great job on the blue! Glad you got to get out and do some fishing.:smile2::wink:

4. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    WTG Mat.I was out there myself yesterday.It was a great day to be at the lake.

Congrats on your blue.Jim knows where to go when it comes to catching fish on Milford.

5. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Matt, sorry I didn't get your pic posted yesterday, or when ever I was supposed to have done it:eek:oooh::smile2:. I finally wound up with 3 Channels that afternoon.
    Sure was a pleasure meeting and fishing with you and Colton, I'd like to take credit for putting you on your first Blue, but you done it all by yourself:smile2:
    I went this evening, beat Ivan to MY fishing spot, got 1 real nice Blue and 3 Channels yesterday:roll_eyes:. He Knew I fished there all the time, and he beat me there, so he got lucky:smile2:
    Here's the pic of you, Colton and your first Bluecat.
    Sure looking forward to you coming back, the Blues are finally starting to show up in the shallower water.:big_smile:
    Caught every thing on dip bait again.:wink:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 29, 2009
  6. flattymatty

flattymatty New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Yeah Thanks again for meeting up with us out there, Jim. We'll definitely have to get together again sometime. Colton had a blast. My thirteen year old is coming out from California over the Christmas break, and I'd love to take him out there as well. Either way, I'm sure i'll be out there again before too long. :wink::cool2:

7. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Good picture Jim...Congrats again Mat on your fish.

8. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Congrats. Them blues are some mighty fine eatin.:cool2::big_smile:
    Great pic, even better memory.

9. flattymatty

flattymatty New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    You ain't lying bout nothin' there, Kyle!:wink: Fried that blue up on Saturday night and served it up with a side of baked beans and coleslaw. Talk about a perfect meal.:big_smile: Had the in-laws over, and everyone agreed that it was some good fish! Gonna have to get out there again, especially with this weather as mild as it's been.:smile2:

10. flattymatty

flattymatty New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Yeah, I read your post on your day out at Milford, Tom. Way to go on them fish! Was a great day to be out there, I'm sure you'll agree. Might try out that Dead Red next time out! :wink:

11. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Mat, be sure to give me a holler before you come out, make sure the lake ain't froze:smile2:. If it's like last year, won't have to worry about ice for awhile anyway, water temp is still in the mid 40"s.

Couldn't Catfish today, had to make a trip to Wichita today, had a nice visit with Kyle though:big_smile:. I'll sure be "doing it" tomorrow bright and early, after I run Cody around 10:30, get home and eat "breakfast", and clean the Cats iced down in the fridge, probably around 1PM :roll_eyes::smile2::smile2:

That's what nice about being old, ya don't get in a rush to do ANYTHING:cool2::smile2:

Last edited: Nov 30, 2009
  12. bigredcatfish

bigredcatfish New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Do you guys have any ice down there??? I am from Lincoln and we have had ice for the last couple of days. I still need to do some fishing, it sounds that the fishing are still biting and Milford is only 3 hour drive. If you guys don't have ice, I am there!!!

13. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Maybe some thin ice in really really shallow water. Other wise nope. I'm headed out in about 4 1/2 hrs to do some crappie and catten. Good luck if you make down this way they have been doing pretty good from what I have heard out there.

14. bigredcatfish

bigredcatfish New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    looks like I am headed south!! Is there any good lakes or rivers near the boarder or Kansas and Nebraska beside the obvious??

15. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Cory, heading out with the Grandson, early afternoon, supposed to be around 43deg. No ice on the lake (Milford) that I've seen, (I live at the entrance to Curtis Crk). If you'd like, please call, you didn't say if you're bringing a boat or shore fishing, either way, if you read this fore you leave, holler at me, just not before 10:30:smile2:.

785 761 1470(cell) and it won't be in the bedroom:wink::smile2:

Forgot to mention, I've been catching later in the afternoon, cept for the past two days. Blues and Channels, from the shore.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2009