Finally some success on the Altamaha River

Discussion in 'GEORGIA RIVERS TALK' started by matt22va, Jul 8, 2007.

1. matt22va

matt22va New Member

State:
    Kingsland, Ga
    We put in at Jaycees and fished Fri night til about 5 Sat morning. The fish really seemed to get active after 1am. We caught 3 fish on rod and 3 fish on bush hooks. We had ten bush hooks set and a trot line. The trot line did nothing. We fished sharp drops down to about 15 ft that I had marked fish on earlier. It seemed like the fish didn't move off the ledges until after 1. All fish were between 8 and 18 lbs and Bream was the bait of choice. We had bream and goldfish on rods all night, and the bream were the ones that got all the attention. same goes for the bush hooks and the line. One fish was caught on goldfish on a limb line. Good luck to you all.
    Matt

2. Cuda-Cada

Cuda-Cada Member

State:
    Jacksonville, Fl.
    Matt,
    Glad to hear that you did well. Did you head downstream? I saw from another post that the river is very low.

3. matt22va

matt22va New Member

State:
    Kingsland, Ga
    We went up stream, but not very far. It looked to be about the same level it was for the tournament the beginning of june, maybe a little lower.
    matt

4. STUMPKNOCKER

STUMPKNOCKER New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Last two tmes we have went, caught just two around 10#, gonna start chanching my tactics some

5. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    I just came back from GA. you guys really need RAIN!!!:worship::worship::worship:

6. hotwings73

hotwings73 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I totally agree with Matt22va, them flatheads are piling up around ledges darn near all day and night. Just venturing out for a short period of time to hunt for for a meal or two and going right back down were they came from to lay around all day and wait for a light snack to swim by to tide them over till the next night. I've been catching a spawned out female fish here and there on bream. I recently caught a nice flathead on a nice fat river mallet. Will post pict's when I figure this new computer out.

7. KingVille

KingVille New Member

State:
    Iowa
    hey i,ve caught flats be4 in georgia but never really fished for them we were mainly caughting channels until one day we chopped and ell up and put him on the hook and flats begun hitting well thats was a while ago ...i moved here to iowa now and hooked up with another fish partner and we r catching flats like crazy and big channels ...what i was wondering is if it was a place like that down there because if so i have been over looking these monster fish all this time

Attached Files: