Finally, some rain........

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by Fordman, Apr 1, 2006.

1. Fordman

Fordman New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    Thought I might make a post before the rain and storm arrives. How much did you get where you are? I hear the first drops starting now in the Oklahoma City area. It's been so long, I forgot how crazy the weather reporters can get here in Oklahoma.

2. mtrimble

mtrimble New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Nice lightening show right now here in OKC. It is really nice.

3. oldprowler

oldprowler New Member

State:
    Mannford, Oklahoma
    Up here in Sand Springs we got maybe half an inch of rain. Good show of lightning and the big boomers though. Yeah, the TV talking head weathermen really get spooled up and this time was no exception. Good comedy though.

4. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    I belive that here in California (San Leandro) we are getting enough rain for everyone :mad:. I thing that we broke the record for rainy day in march.
    :know-big: What can I say?

Take It Easy,
    Bert:cool:
    (Shaina)

5. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    Yes we did we have had way to much rain this year sure wish i could send it to the guys that need it. Hope you guys in ok and the rest of them dry states get lots of needed rain we sure dont need anymore.

6. Fordman

Fordman New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    Like Matt Trimble said, It was quite the light show last night. No damage at my place though. Prowler, have to agree, More hype than anything in the Metro area as well, but for about 1.5 hours, nothing else was on the local channels. I'm sure they mean well, but I can only look at live feed video of rain and pea size hail hitting the ground for so long.

7. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Rained like mad here in Wichita. I got nearly an inch. But we still had fires. Hope the rains continue and the fires dont.

8. caatstalker

caatstalker New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    dont know how much. but listen here . had worked all afternoon puttin out jugs and and lines fixed supper checked the camp site for stuff that could blow away , fixed a pot of coffie sat back to let a little time slide by 2 hrs so i could ck my lines . went good . had 5 on line and one on each jug . goining to be a nice nite on the old river. (not) wind 45-50 mph horizonal rain , was so glad i had waterproofed my tent. but we had some fish next morn. a lot of wata. have a day