Finally setting some lines!!!

Discussion in 'Alternative Methods of Catching Catfish' started by KanHeadhunter, Jun 20, 2008.

1. KanHeadhunter

KanHeadhunter New Member

State:
    S. E. K.
    Going out today to set some limb lines. The first time out this year, the river was either to high or just to muddy it the cabin to fish. It all depends on if I can push the boat dock off the bank and back into the river. Going to fish 2 nights unless we really get into them.

2. 45CATFISH

45CATFISH New Member

State:
    HENDERSON,LOUISIANA
    Good luck,let us know how you do.:big_smile:

3. KanHeadhunter

KanHeadhunter New Member

State:
    S. E. K.
    After much hard/muddy work getting the dock in we got to set some lines. Put 12 in on Friday, Saturday am total 19,17,14,8 & 4 pound flatheads & one 6lb bluecat. CPR's the 19 & 14,,,cleaned the rest. Saturday afternoon 2 7lb flathead. I set a few more lins Saturday afternoon making our total 18 lines. Sunday morning total 14 & 8 pound bluecats, Sunday afternoon 6lb blue & 7lb channel.

We decided to fish Sunday night and come into work late Monday morning. Monday total 25lb flathead, 9 & 6 pound blues & 2 channel 4lb each. We baited up again with the last of our bait. Checking the lines at 5:00.

Water was up & down all 3 days but not dropping more then a foot. Got a lot of rain Sunday night and river was up 1 1/2ft monday morning. All fish were caught using bluegill & green perch.

The fish were very aggressive, we would run lines and bait up and we could look back at lines we just baited and we action on the lines. Caught a 8 & 4 pound flathead on the first day about 20 mins apart. Saw 3 other lines with action but no hook up. One perch was crushed & mouth but the circle hook turned back into the perch not letting fish to hook up.

4. Tuttlecat

Tuttlecat Active Member

State:
    Wamego, Kansas,
    Just curious if the rest of them were caught on circles? What size/make? Thanks

5. KanHeadhunter

KanHeadhunter New Member

State:
    S. E. K.
    Yes, all my fish were caught on circles. I made the switch from 'J' hooks about 5 years ago and will never go back. The brands I use are Gamakutsa Circle 8/0 and Daiichi Circle "Chunk Lite" 7/0. On the Daiichi make sure you get the 'Lites' they are bigger hooks then reg. chunk hooks.

6. Weaponx

Weaponx New Member

State:
    Rock Island, ILL
    We need pic's:big_smile:

Good going and the best of luck !