FINALLY!!!! pretty cool story

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Brandon829, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Brandon829

Brandon829 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I have a pretty good story for yall. I've been getting a little discouraged at the farm because I've only seen a couple of small bucks. I was bored yesterday so I decided to go take the video camera out to my blind to see if I could record some. I got at 2pm, which I knew was I wasting my time going out that early especially with the warm weather going on, but any time out in the woods for me is awesome. All afternoon, I didn't see anything, but around 30 minutes before dark. I had a large 6 pointer walk out in front of my blind. He was about 20 feet from me. I recorded him for about 10 mins. After he was gone, I panned down the field. About 200 yards down field stood the biggest buck, I've seen in person. He was a MONSTER! I watched him cross in front of my blind at about 125 yards. then he disappeared into the woods. The good thing is I got both deer in video! My heart was pounding even though I didn't even have my gun. I think I'm in for a great season this year. Even if I don't get a shot on him, it's so worth it just to see him.

2. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Pre season scouting can be so funn!!!!

3. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Good eye post the video !Think he was coming to your feeder or is there a feeder at that blind site ?

4. Brandon829

Brandon829 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    There is a feeder about 60 yards from my blind, but he passed it up. He was heading back towards my stand which is on the other side of the farm. When I was leaving I jumped a doe, which maybe he was heading back to her, BUT the whole farm is pretty much 1 big food plot. I've got alfalfa fields to my right and left and a huge cornfield right behind me, so no telling what he was up to. I tried calling him closer with a bleat call but unless he was taking the long way around to me, he wasn't paying attention.

5. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    good luck brotha!

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Branden sounds like you got everything you need except a pen. Good luck.