Finally - Picked up my Boat!

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by SmokinBarrel, Aug 23, 2009.

1. SmokinBarrel

SmokinBarrel New Member

State:
    St. Louis, MO
    On Thursday I finally made it up to International Falls, MN to get the boat I ordered. I didn't know what to expect, but I was happy after I pulled in to the dealership. It was even better than I thought it'd be.

Stats:
    Hewescraft 22' w/ Extended Transom (24') Searunner
    Yamaha 150 4 Stroke

I'll post the interior at a later time, may need some help picking rod holders for this boat. My concern is if I use rod holder mounts that screw in, versus bolt through? Will the screw in plate hold?

Attached Files:

2. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Four words... BAD TO THE BONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats!!

Bill in SC

3. wabah58

wabah58 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    That looks like a awesome boat.. When we going out in it? :wink:

4. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    Right on, Dennis!!! You are going to LOVE that boat.

5. 320hotrod

320hotrod New Member

State:
    KCMO
    Whew-ee, that's is a fine looking boat! As far as bolt vs screw, mine are flush mount screw in and I've never had any problems with them, but in the end it really matters what you are comfortable with using.

6. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Dennis thats a good looking boat ,keep us posted on how you rig it out :wink:

7. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    NICE BOAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That thing sure looks sweet!! Would love to get a close look at it one of these days!! :wink:

8. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I wanna go. Congrats on the great looking boat. Stay safe and go slime it!!!:wink:

9. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Now thats a big water boat. I need one of them!

10. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Congrats on a great boat Dennis. I am always happy for someone who gets what they want.

Tom

11. SmokinBarrel

SmokinBarrel New Member

State:
    St. Louis, MO
    Thanks for the compliments. As I mentioned, when I have more time, I'll post picks of the interior, and how she's currently rigged. What I really like is that there's about 8' from the back of the seats to the rear (transom). A LOT of room!

Hopefully after I post pics, I can get some guidance on rod holders, and possible mounts. I hate to screw up a fresh new boat. I would like to get right the first time. Sooo stay tuned....

12. Rich.Carpenter

Rich.Carpenter New Member

State:
    Indiana
    That's an awesome looking boat! Congrats!

13. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Yeah, what he said! Nice lookin' rig, man!

14. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Freekin sweet! I wish ya nothin but the best with it!

15. Rollinunknown

Rollinunknown New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Missouri
    Congrats on your boat man and its setup for dam sure... i love how the cabin is in the front and all the room in the back were it counts ...Hope to see you on the water soon.

I didint use screw in types due to i think they look tacky i just used rivets for a clean stock look and if they do come lose then its no big deal to re do them..

Last edited: Aug 23, 2009
  16. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Nice looken boat congrats. Now ya gota get her out there and scuff the paint some:big_smile:. Catch ya some fish.

17. Gotbuck

Gotbuck New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Missouri
    Good Gawd what in the heck are you going to be chasing down:smile2: One nice sweet rig, they know how to build boats up north. You will not be dissapointed. The room alone is plenty for any fish you go after. So I guess you have room for around 20 poles along the sides and back.:smile2:

18. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Dennis thanks for sharing the pics of your new ride. That is a sharp looking boat. I hope you catch a new PB on the maiden voyage.

19. brownie525

brownie525 New Member

State:
    Nj
    that is truly an awesome boat, hope she treats you well:cool2:

20. SmokinBarrel

SmokinBarrel New Member

State:
    St. Louis, MO
    Thanks for the compliments. As I said, I plan to update with interior pics soon....Then you'll really understand why I chose this boat - design.

There is only one thing I wish I would of done, but it was an extra $1400....Hydraulic Steering. Apparently, I can get a kit for $550. BUT, is it hard to install? Has anyone ever installed hydraulic steering on their boat? If so, was it difficult? If anyone has experience, send me an PM, I'd be willing to pay your gas for a 30 minute guidance on installation process.

Also, do you have to have a rivet gun to install the rivets on mounting plates for rod holders?